Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these temperatures OK?

Hello,

Here's the temp on the sensors of my mobo..

CPU: 39c
    Mobo: 43c
    HD: 35c
    CPU fan speed: 3184 RPM

I've also installed a HD cooler that brought down the temp by about 12c..

I want to know the reviews from you guys, are these temps OK for the longevity of my computer hardwares? Should I bring any of them lower?

Please reply. Thanks.

Re: Are these temperatures OK?

Are the temperatures listed above at idle or under load? While lower is always better, just from a glance the temps you'r getting are fine. My goal is always to have a temperature of under 45c while the system is under load but most folks usually aim for 50c or lower (I'm picky).
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Comment

yup.. the fan is noisy. I got no idea how to reduce its speed. Anyone?

Comment

Depends on your setup. Your motherboard may have controls for the fan, or you can install a fan controller. We need more motherboard info to tell you more.

Comment

Terry, I got a MSI P4MAM2-V mobo. Do you think I can configure the fans?

Comment

According to the MSI web site - no. You'll have to buy a fan controller system to change your fan speeds. Other people here on the forum may know of some software that will do it but I don't. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Comment

i using msi and using "core centre" to limit cpu fan spped, u can limit mobo fan speed too. i also tried a 3rd party freeware "fanspeed" to control fan, I can even stop fan too, lol very quiet after stop

PS: click on "core centre" logo to adjust

Comment

Assuming your fans are connected to 3 pin power adapters on the motherboard you can use SpeedFan to monitor speeds, temps, clock (cpu clock), and your HD stats. You can download it from Guru3d. You can also buy hardware fan controllers and temp monitors that sit in your 5 1/4" drive.

Comment

I have the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum board. I use "CoreCell". His motherboard uses a different chipset and according to MSI website "CoreCell" is not a part of his motherboards software package.

I toyed with SpeedFan but it didn't do what I wanted it to do.

I highly recomment one of the many hardware fan controllers out there. Many styles and designs to choose from.

Comment

i have a question... ive got a server here running AMD MP 2400's and the processor temp's are way high i think even though there suppose to be tolerate up intill the 90's c.
                      my temps are: Idle processor 1 59c, processor 2 62c... at full load the temps are both about 68c ... i just put in new heatsinks, and artic silver 5 thermal past but still no change in temps... i cant really afford liquid cooling now, and i just ordered some copper shims to help conductivity, and i really really wanna oc this thing again... i did it last winter... we got our windows replaced in the middle of it so my pc was like 30c. oced to mp 2800's it pwned... so ne suggestions?
                      Last edited by korne44230; 10-04-2005, 06:06 PM. Reason: forgot to add full load temp

Comment

You mention the new heatsinks but you don't say what kind of airflow you have moving through the case. Remember that good cooling starts with good airflow; especially when you're using an air-cooled solution.

Air should be brought in from the lower/front portion of the case and exhausted from the upper/rear area of the case. Additional fans can help when mounted on the side at about the level of the CPU of video baord and can also be beneficial when mounted on the top of the case forward of the power supply. In these instances, the side fan should be an intake and the top should be set as an exhaust. Keep the airflow about the same between intake and exhaust so that you establish a distinct airflow pattern through the case. This allows heat's natural ability to rise to aid in cooling. Also make sure to keep cable clutter to a minimum.

By following these simple steps, you can have a decent foundation to build your other cooling components around. After all, the world's best air cooler won't do a thing for you if it has only hot air to work with.
                        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                        My Toys

Comment

i have the 120mm in the front intaking air. 80 mm in side intaking air. 2 80mm back exhaust, and 1 80mm fan top as exhaust, not counting the dual psu fans

Comment

Working...
                          X