Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vantec AeroFlow or Thermaltake Heatsink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantec AeroFlow or Thermaltake Heatsink?

Thermaltake?
    Vantec AeroFlow?

Which one cools better? I noticed that the packaging for the Vantec came with thermal glue as well. Is there anything in that price range (20-30) that would be better?

Thermal take is louder and uses a fan

the vantec is quieter and can cool the "whole heatsink" where as a fan on the thermaltake has a "hot spot" in the middle , i would definitly reccomend the vantec with a blower. :twisted:

Comment

my bad , no blower..still better :shock: :P

Comment

I'd go for the Thermaltake. It uses a copper heatsink instead of aluminum. It conducts heat a lot better and faster than aluminum. This means better cooling in my opinion.

As far as noise is concerned, 21Db is pretty good as far as i'm concerned. Considering it's pretty much silent.

So I vote Thermaltake.

Comment

The Vantec AeroFlow uses a copper/aluminum alloy thingymajig. Tomshardware said that was better than normal ol' copper... is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by Soyoman
            I'd go for the Thermaltake. It uses a copper heatsink instead of aluminum. It conducts heat a lot better and faster than aluminum. This means better cooling in my opinion.

As far as noise is concerned, 21Db is pretty good as far as i'm concerned. Considering it's pretty much silent.

So I vote Thermaltake.
            Just so y'all know, this Soyoman is quite the idiot..but anyway, The TTSB is a great cooler and its silent, but if noise isn't too bad an issue than the Aeroflow is the better performer, but it makes a little more noise. Aluminum and copper isn't everything Soyoman.

Comment

Just so you know amd_man2003 has a reputation for being a flametarding troll :roll: . I don't know what your problem is guy, but you need a hobby that doesn't involve being an *******.

The point of a heatsink is to remove heat from the processor as quickly and efficiantly as possible. A copper heatsink in combination with any fan is better than an aluminum one. Simply because of the fact that copper conducts heat better than aluminum.

Read any article or review about building a new PC now-a-days and they'll tell you that a copper heatsink is the best way to go if you can afford it. That or an aluminum heatsink with a copper seating pad on the bottom, because of the quick heat absorbsion of copper. Top that off with a good compound like AS5 and you've got the best air cooling solution next to blowers or refrigeration.

Fan's aren't worth worrying about unless you're a big noise freak. But it really doesn't matter, they all perform pretty much the same in the end.

If you really want something better, then get a HSF with the blower type fan, those blow air over the entire heatsink, unlike regular HSF's that leave a hot uncooled spot in the middle. But they make a little bit more noise.

SqueezyCheez, my advice to you is to read the reviews on newegg and do some research on your own to decide which is better for you. Obviously this isn't the best place to ask opinions, because you'll more than likely get a biased opinion.

Comment

Intel_Kid2004 may be a "flametarding troll" (we call them smacktards here... :rolleyes: ), but he knows what he's talking about.

Notice the difference between the fan speeds and airflow? It makes a huge difference... There are other major differences too, but I won't bother....

Here's a couple pages to help...

With fans being the major contributor of noise in any PC you need to decide, what do I want more, good cooling or quiet heatsink? With the Silent Boost you might be able to get both.

Comment

My point is, if he hasen't got anything professional to say, then he should keep his smartass remarks to himself. I did nothing to provoke his derogitory comments to begin with, so i'd appreciate it if he'd back off.

Just because my opinion is not the same as his, that doesn't mean he has the right to call me an idiot. He can disagree if wants to, but keep the BS comments to himself.

I come here for professional help and advice when it comes to computing, not derogitory *******s with nothing better to do with their time than pick apart other forum goers.

Comment

Sorry everything got into a flame war... but I ended up finding the Valcano 12 Extreme... seems pretty good and big. Is it good?

Comment

No, I apolagize for temporarily highjacking your post. I shouldn't let guys like him get to me so easily. Again, I apologize.

Comment

Since Smacktard names should be removed from TT with Beefy gone I think Flametarding Troll would be a good replacement ;)

Comment

Originally posted by SqeezyCheez
                          Sorry everything got into a flame war... but I ended up finding the Valcano 12 Extreme... seems pretty good and big. Is it good?

Comment

Never used it but if I remember from what I;ve read its good

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                              Since Smacktard names should be removed from TT with Beefy gone I think Flametarding Troll would be a good replacement ;)
                              What makes you think Beefy is gone? :roll:
                              Besides, "Smacktard" has a better ring to it thatn "Flametarding Troll."

Comment

Working...
                              X