Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volcano 7+

Hey guys, i have a couple questions

first of all, i noticed a while ago that the hsf doesnt completely cover my processor, a corner of it is not touching, is that a big problem? It hasnt really caused any issues so i figured it was ok.

Secondly, ive seen a good 80mm fan conversion unit for a heat sink at CompUSA and i was wondering if it would work with the volcano 7+.

thanks guys :wave:

the only thing that needs to be in contact is the die (center chip).....the volcanos use 80mm so i dont know why you are thinking you need a kit? the TT fans are very powerful..only thing they have bad about them is the noise....

Comment

Originally posted by madmike
      Hey guys, i have a couple questions

first of all, i noticed a while ago that the hsf doesnt completely cover my processor, a corner of it is not touching, is that a big problem? It hasnt really caused any issues so i figured it was ok.

Secondly, ive seen a good 80mm fan conversion unit for a heat sink at CompUSA and i was wondering if it would work with the volcano 7+.

thanks guys :wave:
      Are you using a stock hsf? Do you overclock? And what are your temps? Because i dont see why you need something better unless you have high temps or you overclock. So i would not worry about it.
      CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
      Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
      RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
      GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
      PSU: Thermaltake 500w
      SC: Audigy 2 zs
      LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
      Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
      Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

i forgot the signatures arent working.

well im using the volcano 7+ right now and yes i do overclock. Ive got my pentium 4 2.6 at 3.4 gigs right now. temps are ok right now but like gar187er says, the fan is loud, so im trying to do what i can to reduce it. Are you sure its 80 mm? it doesnt look that big to me, but then again i dont want to open up my case and measure it right now.

Comment

oh wait thats right the 7+ has that weird housing....my bad, its something messed up like 70mm.....

Comment

No, its a 80mm. Looking at one right now.

Comment

i thought it had a 70mm and a weird hosing...i know the straight 7 have a 80, but coulda swore the 7+ had a different fan.... :?

Comment

the 7+ is a 70mm fan

tt 7+ specs on tt website

Comment

D'oH. It is a 70mm fan. I had always just thought it was a 80mm, and looking at one the other night it still looked like a 80mm. Then I second-guessed myself, pulled you the ruler and,... d'oh.

Guess my plan to stick a more quiet 80mm fun just got blow out of the water. Bugger!

Comment

Working...
                  X