Water Cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Cooling

If ya goin' to use that motherboard ya'll be in for a big surprise when ya try to overclock it.

Comment

Yeah, no OC on that mobo. Anyway, I'd get a Hydor L30 pump, D-Tek Whitewater CPU block, D-Tek Pro Heatercore, and a reservoir of some sort, although its not a requirement. Get everything with 1/2" fittings, and 1/2" internal diameter Tygon tubing. Also get a 120mm fan for the heatercore

Comment

what mobo would you get? ive yet to purchase one... im just getting the list together and ill make one big purchase

Comment

ASUS's P4C800-E Deluxe is just one that springs to mind. Also a better overclock would be got with a 2.6C or 2.8C seein' as ya goin' water coolin'.

Comment

cool... thx for the help :)

Comment

I would defintely look into getting a 2.6C, you could get some great clocks with that (maybe 3.5GHz on a 1080MHz FSB). The 2.8C will probably limit your FSB speed. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

As far as resevoirs go what would you suggest? internal? external? I saw some on frozencpu.com that installed in the drive bays. Should i look into purchasing some kind of liquid to use w/ the distilled water ill be putting in it to help prevent corrosion or buildup of algae or whatever?

Comment

As to the reservoir that will depend on whether ya want the case to be portable of not but water wetter added to the distilled water will help though water cooled systems will need flushing every now and again.

Comment

My suggestions:

Pump: Ehiem 1048 or the 1250. The 1048 moves 600L/min at 1.5m head while the 1250 moves 1200L/m at 2m head

WB: The White Water is a nice block, however the WW was designed to cool the athlon XP core and the IHS on the P4 may hamper the cooling ability of the WB. With that said, I can't really recommend you a WB for a P4 as i only really concentrated on finding what was best for my athlon

Rad: Your choice here really, I've got a Black Ice eXtreme (aka BIX) and have no complaints except for the fragile paint job. If it can fit, get a rad that fits 12 cm fans

Fans: Your personal choice again, I've got 2 adjustable enermax 12cm fans, one blowing air throught, the other suck air through

Res: I personally wouldn't bother with one

Tubing: Tygon is nice, but expensive, If tygon is too expnsive for you, have a look at clearflex 60
                    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                      WB: The White Water is a nice block, however the WW was designed to cool the athlon XP core and the IHS on the P4 may hamper the cooling ability of the WB. With that said, I can't really recommend you a WB for a P4 as i only really concentrated on finding what was best for my athlon
                      It was designed for the Athlon XP, but the cooling area on it covers the primary area of highest heat on the heatspreader on the P4, and I found it to do just fine on mine.

Comment

Working...
                      X