Thermaltake 7+ = Total 0wnage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermaltake 7+ = Total 0wnage

Well I got home today to see 3 UPS boxes sitting on the porch covered in snow. After a 5 minute dance associated with new computer equipment arriving I got inside and ripped it open. The subject of this post is the ThermalTake 7+ Heatsink. I must say that this thing is a sweet piece of hardware.

It looks damn good, and has a very sleek and simple design. Perfect for those of us with 1 color CCL tubes and just want a sleek but minimal approach to modding. The big Tt Fan grill is sweet looking, and compliments the copper heatsink and aluminum Shroud.

Cooling wise the thing rules. I was getting aounrd 49C Max Temp at Max Load at 25C Ambient. After I got rid of the retail heatsink, cleaned off the die with some alcohol, and applied some Ceraminque, I popped the baby on. After an hour running F@H (without the Ceraminque burn-in time complete) Im seeing 32-35C at 25C ambient. And thats only at low speed setting.

The truth is High speed is only for those who like living next to an airport. Medium is ok, but a little too loud unless you're playing a game. Low you cant hear over a Powersuply, and I really only see a few C difference between High and Low.

So, I must say, for 20 bucks, this heatsink is great. A must have for any serious tweaker that is too broke to get watercooling.

if ya think that's cool, you should try the Tt Silent Boost for a few dollars more (less than $30, US) ;)

quietest fan in my whole PC and the coolest my CPU has even been

but yes, the 7+ is a damn fine HSF :thumb:

Comment

ahhh silent booste or volcano 7...which one is better for cooling..dont care bout how loud it is...i have narrowed down to these 2 but a lot of people here and there telling me 1 is good or the other is good..i cant decide...

Comment

Heh, with my 7+ there was a 8-10C difference from high and low.

Also, go with the 7+, it is a better cooler with more potental, as long as noise dont bother ya

Comment

if noise is absolutly no concern at all and all things being equal, you will probably shed an extra couple degrees with the v7+.

but then there is the v12, which has the same base as the Silent Boost but with a beefier (and louder) fan. But that will also cost more than the v7+

Comment

right on man, thanks. man...i like thermal products, they seem to be real popular around here...thanks for helpin me out...

Comment

Working...
            X