heatsink comparison?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heatsink comparison?

Does anyone have a good thorough site for socket A heatsink comparisons?

This is the best one that I know of, http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp.htm

Comment

Holy crap man.. That is a great colletive review but after reading the entire thing, i am still back where i started. Does he have a top ten list or anything? He names a few off being "up there with the best" but he doesnt name the best. Anyone got an opinion on what the best heatsink for an Athlon XP 1800+ is?

The current heatsink im using is slowly falling apart (stripped screws are making the fan fall off) and im worried that it will one day just stop working and nuke my cpu.

Comment

A Volcano 7+ is probably one of the best price to performanch coolers, even for overclocking. ThermalTake SilentBoost does welll, and is silent, but a bit more pricey. The best would be a Swiftech line copper heatsink paired with a Tornado fan, but it'd make ya ears bleed ;)

Comment

Ok, so the two things im looking for:
          1. Quiet! my current Thermaltake Volcano 9 is extremely loud.
          2. COLD!!!! I am currently overclocking and i need something to keep up with my cpu.

Price doesnt matter much to me since most heatsinks arent too extremely expensive. Hopefully in the future i can migrate towards liquid cooling but i need something to tide me over till dinner.

Comment

I would say stick with Themaltake. Can you not just use that coolmod on a volcano 7+? Would only make sence to me. Plus its a great cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by mpetrie
              Ok, so the two things im looking for:
              1. Quiet! my current Thermaltake Volcano 9 is extremely loud.
              2. COLD!!!! I am currently overclocking and i need something to keep up with my cpu.
              i'd recomend the Tt Silent boost, it's not the coldest air cooler (my max temp is 40 C and droping as winter sets in) but it's very quiet (21 db). it's a bit less than $30 US

Comment

Until something comes along here that is cheaper and performs better than the Volcano7+ on both K7's and P4's that's what I'll get (P4's very quiet on low speed & K7's on medium speed which ain't much louder plus so far the larger numbered Volcano's ain't worth ****).

Comment

Yea, and don't think that the Volcano 9 is somehow better than the 7+... The Volcano 9 was a corporate mistake. A complete blunder.

Comment

So what your saying is that the ThermalTake Volcano 7+, and the Swiftech MCX462 are the best heatsinks for AMD XP processors to date?

And the ThermalTake Silent Boost is the best "quiet" heatsink?

Comment

Originally posted by mpetrie
                      And the ThermalTake Silent Boost is the best "quiet" heatsink?
                      no, there are better ones (can't recall the names atm), but for the money it's quite good.

Comment

Papst are one of the more quiet coolers on the market (about 19Dba...only cooler, no heatsink)

but...they cost a little more too and they're just plain black (I like colors+lights :D)

Comment

any thoughts on a Thermalright SLK947-U. if i get this, what fan should i get? Ive read good reviews on this heatsink. Im not sure though. If i get this, i guess i can just keep the fan from my old thermaltake. its a pretty good fan, and i guess with a better heatsink i wont have to have it run at full speed.

Comment

They're a very good heatsink (but well out of my budget though) and yes ya can use ya old V9 fan.

Comment

I just got a zalman 7000 cu and its almost silent at 24 db and it cools very nicely.I had a swiftech 4000 with a 80 mm tornado and only lost a few degrees at max load. I think it was worth the trade... :cheers:

Comment

Working...
                              X