Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water cooling wish list (merged threads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok here's what i'll be cutting out of some sheet metal:

and later i'll piece it all together when i have the water cooling equipment, also what would be a good to bind the pieces together?

Comment

it might look like crap when its donw, but maybe pop rivets?
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by GBRRICCI
        ok here's what i'll be cutting out of some sheet metal:

what would be a good to bind the pieces together?
        It would depend on what metal you use. If steel, you could add tabs to the side edges and spot weld or solder them. Copper can be soldered, but it's pretty soft and would bend easily. Aluminum in the thickness needed for stiffness would have to be heli-arc welded, epoxied or duct-taped....:p
        My recommendation? Go to a sheet metal shop that has the rollers and metal-bending breaks that will do a clean job and have it formed and spot-welded out of stainless steel. Anything else would most likely have to be painted. Also, you may consider acrylic sheet. You can get it in all thicknesses and colors (even UV-sensitive). It doesn't take expensive tools to work with, when heated it could be bent to make that nice radius, you can make invisible glue for it by putting scraps of the same material in solvent (I believe the solvent is acetone), and best of all: You'd be able to see all that nice equipment inside ;) It also comes in opaque colors.
        :cheers: :afro:

Comment

Working...
        X