Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water cooling wish list (merged threads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water cooling wish list (merged threads)

Once i get my p4 system up i will be putting a water cooling system into it. I'll be purchasing most of the stuff from DangerDen and heres what i have so far:

Pump: hydor L30
    Radiator: Heater Core (+ shroud), not sure what the name is but a lot of sites say its very good.
    CPU BLock: Maze 3-1 with copper top, 1/2" chrome fittings, and stainless steal hold down
    Tubing: 10Ft of tygon tubing
    Reservoir: Typhoon-Quad Reservoir
    Additives: 12 ounces of water wetter + 1 ounce UV Water Dye-Lite (blue)
    Fan: either the panasonic panaflow 120mm or the Enermax UC-12FAB-B

total cost: $250+tax & shipping

any recomendations?

Yep: Earplugs!
    Those fans at full speed should make a lot of noise!
    : peace2:

Comment

Based on my little watercooling adventure, these are changes to the list of stuff you've come up with that i would go with:
      Pump: Eheim 1048 - mine is nice and quiet, also i've heard something about the hydors being submersable pumps and therefore MAY leak
      Tubing: ClearFlex 60 - half the price of tygon, almost as flexible
      Reservoir: None - besides possible easier filling and bleeding, the res does little
      Radiator: Heater Core (+ 2x shrouds)
      Fan: 2x Enermax UC-12FAB-B - these fans rock, i changed my vantec stealth 12cm fan to 2 of these, they move a llot mroe air than my old fan, and with a little bit of wire chopping and soldering, and a dual gang potentiometer and i have both fans being controlled with one knob :)

Hope this has helped you :)
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Maze4 M8.. Maze4..

Comment

i've seen a couple reviews of hydors and they all say they were great, they just havent been around for very long and that might be the only thing between them and Enhiem.

i've heard the maze 4's arent as good as the maze 3's. am i wrong for believing this?

i plan on running the fans at lower speeds for the most part, maybe to piss off some people at lans i'll blast them at full power. not sure how i'll duct the air flow from the radiator fans though but i'll definetly be getting atleast 1 enermax.

what do you mean by (+2x shrouds)?

oh, and syx, how do you like these earplugs:

Comment

Originally posted by GBRRICCI [B]i plan on running the fans at lower speeds for the most part, maybe to piss off some people at lans i'll blast them at full power. not sure how i'll duct the air flow from the radiator fans though but i'll definetly be getting atleast 1 enermax.
            The fan's aren't really that loud when they are running at full speed.

Originally posted by GBRRICCI [B]what do you mean by (+2x shrouds)?
            From what I can see the Heater Core doesn't have any fan mounts build in so what I meant was, along with the Heater Core buy 2 shrouds so you can mount the 2 fans to it, but only if you are going to use 2 fans on it.
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

oh, got ya. probable ony using one though. still dont know where im putting the fan/radiator though.

at first i wanted it mounted to the top area but this radiator is not only huge but it weighs a ton so it'll probable have to stay on the bottom.

Comment

I would personally put it somewhere down the bottom and orientate it so that the fan is blowing or sucking air from outside the case into the radiator so it gets the first dibs on the cooler air.
                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

next problem is where to duct that hot air.

Comment

The air being blown out of the radiator woun't be overly warm, so don't worry too much about that. Your PSU fan should take a bit of the air, maybe put a fan at the top or back of your case (if it has places for fans there)
                    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
                      Maze4 M8.. Maze4..

I recommend the newer Swiftech CPU blocks, as they are some of the best you can get and better than the Maze 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
                        I recommend the newer Swiftech CPU blocks, as they are some of the best you can get and better than the Maze 4.
                        So ya've used them as well? :zzz:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                          So ya've used them as well? :zzz:
                          .......why? :confused:

Comment

i have a ThermalTake Xaser2 and im going to replace all the fans that came with it with ThermalTake smartcase fan 1's & 2's

2 ThermalTake smart case fans for the exhaust.
                            (depending on what i can do with the radiator) 3 thermalTake smart case fan 2's for front and side intake.
                            i will put a 120mm enermax for a blowhole on the top of the case and have another of the same type on the radiator.
                            also my PSU does have a 90mm intake and an 80mm exhaust.

Comment

i believe there is a guild to making ur home made resivor/ just get pvc piping, with tube fittings and u should have a good reserivor. afround a 10 dollar mod i guess at home depot.

Comment

Working...
                              X