Overclocking with a WC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking with a WC?

Ok. Lets say I want to overclock a vid card, memory, and cpu. Would the lil fan that comes on the 9800Pro be enough? Would the heatsinks on the memory be enough? Would just having the water going to the cpu lower the case temp enough for things to work properly?

Please help. I am considering water cooling, but need to know what I would be buying, some recomemdend manufacturers (preferably tutorials on how to do as much as possible myself), and cost.

Limit is 150 USD. Is it even possible to WC with this price range?

$150 is a very very tight WC budget, Mot decent WC setups ciost $200 or so. WC only your CPU may help your case temps some. AS for the 9800pro, you can get an OK OC on it as long as youve got decent case temps already.

Comment

I heard 200USD in another forums too, so I'll just go with air

Comment

A decent air system will almot do as good was water anyway, just a bit louder

Comment

It would probably pay just to go out and buy a case with good airflow.

Comment

Any water cooling setup you get for $150 will perform probably worse than a nice air-cooled setup for half the price. If you want good water cooling, you need to spend 200+ on it and get high quality stuff (1/2" tubing, good rad/heatercore, 300+gph pump). Be wary of premade kits like the Tt Aquarius 2. You get what you pay for with those. A weak pump, small rad, and only 1/4" tubing.

I'd say get the new Swiftech MCX462-V with a good 92mm fan and you'll be golden for a pretty heavy o/c. It won't perform nearly as good as a good w/c setup, but you'll save a lot of money.

Comment

Working...
            X