X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volcano 7+ works like a charm...
    - Damien

Comment

The cheapest ones Ive seen is either the vantec aeroflow or the cooler master x-dream. Ill read around and see which one of them is better. Which one of them does the job better?

Comment

Got 2 systems both with Swiftech coolers. (MC462A and a MCXC370)..one on an old Tbird1333 @ 1466 furnace and one on an XP 2000+.....both CPU's rarely get to 40 degrees even though I replaced the 65cfm Delta fan on the 462A with a normal case fan for some peace and quiet. According to the pundits and from experience these are really high performing HSFs but are really really expensive over here....more than $A200 for the 462A and $A150 for the 370. (I got these when I had a brain snap and was in the bleeding edge overclocker mode with the Tbirds). You can get some bloody good coolers at much more reasonable prices as the others have said.....the Volcano 7 is pretty good at a reasonable price (well any price is reasonable compared to the cost of the Swiftechs)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
          I beleave that the title of this thread asks for "AMD Coolers" and ya's is an Intel son. :rolleyes2

I'm a member of the Volcano 7+ fan club. :devil win
          I feel left out :rolleyes:
          (excuse for my stupidity)
          CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
          Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
          RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
          GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
          PSU: Thermaltake 500w
          SC: Audigy 2 zs
          LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
          Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
          Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

The cheapest ones Ive seen is either the vantec aeroflow or the cooler master x-dream. Ill read around and see which one of them is better. Which one of them does the job better?

From the reviews I have read the XE-Dream seems to be the best right now.

Chez

Comment

From the reviews I have read the XE-Dream seems to be the best right now.
              I'm going to have to try mine again. When I had mine I didn' t think it was that great as I replaced it with the TT 7+ Alright fine Chez I'll swap them over :)

Comment

Easy question easy answer. Thermalright SLK-900u :)

the newer 947? should be better once it is available.

Comment

Working...
                X