Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is one on ebay for 19 for ISA and PCI ones are about 40

Comment

boots up and then sits there and mouse and keyboard stop responding? does it ever get as far as to start loading windows? also does the floppy drive light up and then go back out or does the light stay on all the time? any beeps you get when starting the cpu? 1 or 2 or 3 short long. Trying to figure out if its a hardware problem with something hooked up wrong. aslo might want to check the bios settings to make sure its set to the right cpu speed. bus and the clock multipler. if the bus speed is set to to fast a lot of the time the cpu will stop and wont get to the boot state to load windows.

I'd check all your calbles to make sure pin 1 and lined up with pin1 on the mb and drives.

Might want to try just using 1 stick of ram and then another stick to see if its a bad memory stick.

Keith

Comment

IT's fixed.

Turned out to be the MB. Works like a rocket ship now. Got Win2000 Pro SP 3 on it and got it loaded up and at work. Everyone is thrilled with it. So thanks guys. I will keep the card in mind for future needs though.

Richard :flames:

Comment

I painted mine, simply removed the cover(s). Primed it, spray painted it, and sealded it. Hasnt rubbed off yet, been 4-5 months.

Comment

Working...
          X