Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the inside of the case. As you can see, there's alot more pink foam. I installed it around that fan housing (rattled against the steel), behind my PSU, and in misc. areas where the plastic covering was hitting the metal case. That's a big 92x92x30mm low speed fan that dell installed. I took off the duct that went over the heatsink. That 60mm blows directly on the heatsink and RAM and then the air is immediately exhausted. You can see the getto job I did of punching in that hole for the 80mm, but no one can see it and it was 1.2mm steel, so I didnt feel like cutting it all out. Below my Ti4200 is a venilation space. Below that is the switch I use to control my 80mm intake. I usually leave it on medium (inaudible), but when I game I turn it on high (slight whirr).

Comment

• Here's a close up of the "BTX" cooling design I have. When the case is fully closed, the fan is angled down a little to push air right over the RAM and through the heat sink fins. One more thing about my case is that it's basically silent. I took a reading at 2 feet when the room was absolutely silent and I got a reading of 21dB. Let's "hear it" for sanity.

Anyways, I'm done. I've wanted to post here for a long time. Hope ya enjoyed :D . : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

• Here is my setup:
        Lian-Li Case
        Sony 52x24x52 CD-RW drive
        Sony FDD drive
        Pentium 4 3.20Ghz HT processor
        Intel D875PBZ Motherboard
        Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2
        ATI Radeon 9800XT
        Western Digital 160GB SATA HDD
        Thermaltake 480watt PSU
        Microsoft Intellimouse
        Logitech Elite Keyboard
        -Crappy Stuff-
        15" E-Machines monitor
        30watt Yamaha 2.1 speakers
        ^ Will be updated soon...

This is the first computer I have built by the way.

Comment

• Pietak 440, what case is that you got there? and also i like that one on your Cd panel, what is it?

thanks man!

Comment

• Just got me a nice new 3.3MP Digicam and a 17" monitor, expect a pic of a new case in a few days!

Comment

• Originally posted by crazysniper22
              Pietak 440, what case is that you got there? and also i like that one on your Cd panel, what is it?

thanks man!
              The case is a Lian Li PC-6083A. I got it from Shentech.com. I also bought Lian Li's CD-ROM bezel, from Coolerguys.com. Great shipping!

Comment

• Here is a pic of my old setup, building a new one at the moment. Thought I did a pretty good job with a cheapy case though :cheers:

Comment

• EDIT:, New case, new pic

Comment

• Originally posted by bhold
                    Here is a pic of my old setup, building a new one at the moment. Thought I did a pretty good job with a cheapy case though :cheers:
                    Built a system for my fiance with that same Maxtop case. Although it is cost-effective, that's a great case. Well laid out and good cooling. Nice mods you did to it. :thumb:
                    Here is hers with flashing tracer fan LEDs:

Comment

• Thanks wordbiker, came out alot better than i thought, here are a few more pics...

Comment

• Very clean case bhold.

Comment

• the setup

Comment

• the case...

Comment

• Originally posted by defunct
                              the case...
                              Did ya forget something? :?:

Comment

• This is an interesting look into my Aspire X-Dreamer II. These were all taken through the plexi-glass on the side. It was done before I changed my CPU fan from x-brand 92mm to Smartfan II.

Comment

Working...
                                X