No announcement yet.

LCD Panel Case Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to cover most applications well. Wiggo, what 8 things would you monitor temperature wise if you planned to use all 8 probes? Would you monitor "case zones" to see if air was not moving correctly with some of them?

Comment

2 of the 8 are flat temp probes meant for the CPU and video card while the rest are just bulb type which can be moved thru out the case to start with to check for hot spots before their more permanent positions chosen. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Wiggo, on the 6 movable probes, what is the best way to secure them (with plastic ties?)?

Comment

Plastic ties or tape depending on the position that they are used in. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I have one and I just used Scotch tape because it was easy to remove. Actually, when I decided where I liked them, I just never took out the Scotch tape. :laugh: Just call me lazy.
            Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

If it works ... But if you have a window, scotch tape might not look the best.

Comment

No window, so it wasn't an issue. ;)

Comment

JM Why no window? Nice to see all that neat stuff inside.

Comment

looks decent, he chose a rather ugly LCD, ive seen nicer, but its a great idea, when i get some cash ill probably invest in 1.

Comment

If it could be combined with a tachometer - the start of an entire instrument cluster ...

Comment

Originally posted by drpeterbright
                        JM Why no window? Nice to see all that neat stuff inside.
                        I spend significantly more time looking at the monitor than the case, so no real loss. Also by the time I was don't with fans and stuff, the last thing on my mind was another project. I wanted to just use it for a while. :wave:

Comment

:D Use it for a while - GOOD IDEA - After my latest fan install, I know how you feel.

Comment

Working...
                          X