Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chaning the form factor plate in the back. Help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaning the form factor plate in the back. Help please.

>_> Im going to start by saying i am a total noob to case modding and know little to nothing about these things.

Ok now the problem is.
    Im planning on getting a new computer and there is one case I just really really want. >_> this one... http://www.xoxide.com/aspire-x-navig...ack-black.html
    The main problem is that the plate in the back where the connectors for mouse and monitor and such go is designed for slightly older computers, so the newer and higher computers i want wont work with this case because the mother board will not fit in it.
    MY current idea is to get. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...Tab=0&NoMapp=0 this computer and to take everything out of it and place it in the case i want.

I want to know if there is a way I can change that plate out for a newer one?

Here is a picture of the plate im talking about to make sure everyone is on the same page. (I do not know its name so i couldnt search for it easily but i went back to 2003 on this fourm page by page and was unable to find anything.)

Any advice is welcome, please and thank you.

Re: Chaning the form factor plate in the back. Help please.

Its simple, you can pop the plate right on out, I would recommend going core 2 duo instead of pentium D b/c its a great bang for the buck trade off.
    I would also build a comp. by purchasing piece by peice to save $$.
    What do you plan to use your comp for, that changes the GPU req. etc. b/c the included one isnt the best.

Comment

well the comp is ment to be all purpose but i like to play games a lot.
      Im saving up the cash now and probly by mid febuary i should ahve neough to get it.
      I could build it by myself but one problem is that I do not know as much as I should to make srue i get all the right stuff. And I dont want to spend much more than that.
      ^_^ If you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Comment

Hey, so I was reading your issue well that plate comes off so your fine. Also I read that you play alot of games and the computer you want to buy will disapoint you it has a 7300gs which really sucks for games you could probebly build a system way better that that for about a 1000$ and have about 300$ left over. Any way go post about a new computer in another thread and many people will be happy to help you!!!!!!!!

ps: Thats a nice case!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by buhweet View Post
          Its simple, you can pop the plate right on out,
          there is usually a plate suitable for your mboard in the box when you buy it, so you simply remove the old plate, and the new one will pop in place.
          http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

juft for your information, the 3.4 ghz pentium D is slower than a slower clocked core 2 duo proc, so you dont need 3.4ghz.

Comment

Working...
            X