Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Case should i get (Lian-Li goodness)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Case should i get (Lian-Li goodness)

Ok, i have 2 options... well actually more, but i really love this case....

this question is all about looks..

should i get this....
    and maybe paint it or something, and add a window...

or this...
    which i think looks better, but would look pretty crappy with beige cd drives... and i couldnt paint the drives the same silver effect...

please give me your advice with color combo's that dont require too much work.

personally, i'd get the beige one *gasp, shock horror*, but only because i'd paint it up real good and be installing windows/fans/neons/etc....but unless your going to do that...well then buy Silver painted one, and buy some chrome coloured paint, and paint the drive plates...

Comment

yeah, i was thinking of doing that, but its to much work, i think i will just buy the silver one, and paint my drives with silver paint... and put a window etc in it

anyone got any good guides for painting cd drives? i have 1 slot drive and 2 tray drives...

Comment

Lian Li sells covers that go over your cd-rom and floppy drives. And they are the same silver! :cheers:

Comment

Gorilla Monsoon the lian-li drive bezel things that you can buy only match the brushed aluminium lian li cases.

i ordered the silver one yesterday, im just gonna paint the drives silver.

Comment

Painting probbally alot cheaper than buyin li-lan cover thingies ne way

Comment

yea the beige one is definantely better if u plan to give it a nice paintjob :)
              also, u can buy silver faceplates for ur drives now if u dun wanna pain them urslef........:afro:

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                chisholm[/size]]
                also, u can buy silver faceplates for ur drives now if u dun wanna pain them urslef........:afro:
                As sMURPhiSh said before and that's that the silver face plates are meant for the brushed alumininium cases and don't match the painted ones at all. :smokin:
                And welcome to the forums too. :wave:
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

lol damn ok....i was wrong abou that....
                  btw thx....u've been in the overl****ing scene for ages but it never occured to me to actually sigh up at tweaktown until today....:afro:

Comment

Hey n/p so long as ya can put up with us crazy ppl here. ;)
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

chisholm, Crazy isn't the word. I havn't figured the best word that fits. If I do I will let you know though!

Comment

I personally will offer a different opinion :D

People who have more sense than money (and don't want to cry when they scratch their beautiful Aluminium case) will go for the AOpen H600A (like Andy and myself) :D

It's "The Poor Man's PC-60", Steel instead of Aluminium but the best bang-for-the-buck I feel ;)

So if you want to blow several hundred dollars on an Aluminium case - fine. If you want to get a decent case that blends in well with beige drive covers, get a H600A :thumb:

More info here.
                        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

lol, trust you al.

but yeah, the H600A is a good case :thumb:

i'm lovin it :)
                          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Well this will be my next case. ;)

Comment

Good choice wiggo...for 50 bucks USD you can't go wrong...

Comment

Working...
                              X