Temperature still lower w/ Case Side ON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature still lower w/ Case Side ON

You can see my wiring thread below to see the improvement in wiring, however, my case ambient temp and even my proc temp still go lower idle when I take off the side of the case. My proc is 25/26c idle, and case ambient temp is 23. It used to be 29c / 27c with side on (Wiring neat). Whats up? What can I possibly do to make it the same or better w/ my side on? Thanks
    Case: Thermaltake Xaser III // Power Supply: Thermaltake Butterfly 480w // Motherboard: Chaintech 9CJS Zenith // Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 C // Heatsink: Vantec Aeroflow // Video Card: Asus 9600 XT // Harddrive: Western Digital Raptor 36.7 GB // DVD Burner: Pioneer DVR-A06 // Soundcard: Audigy 2 // Speakers: Logitech Z-680's

Re: Temperature still lower w/ Case Side ON

You can't do much of anything besides add more fans. Also most likely your HSF is the limiting factor now. Idle temps do not matter, load temps are all that matter.

Comment

wouldnt it be obivious that you would get better temps with door off? all the hot air that is getting trap and/or not gettting out fast enough leaves automatically since its like 1 huge blowhole.

Comment

Actually, a well designed case with above average airflow set up will give better temperatures with the case on. When a proper airflow scheme is set up, the pathway keeps hotspots under control and has an ample supply of cool air moving in a set direction, which helps to dissipate heat from the video card and the processor.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcanworlds
          wouldnt it be obivious that you would get better temps with door off?
          Maybe if you aim a fan at the CPU...

It's like Darth said, the side will help a lot in guiding the cool air. If you have side fans, then obviously you need it. If you have front fans, it prevents the cool air from just while it's still cool. If you have a CPU duct on the side, well, that's obvious...

Comment

Working...
          X