No announcement yet.

Would my AMD K6 fit in a ATX Full size Tower? (merged thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the welcome WordBiker. But doesn't that case look a little small? The one you showed the link. And do you know any places cheaper then XPCASES.com where I could get the same stuff, of the same quality. AND NOT REFURBS! ^-^ I cannot stand Refurbs. Something bad always happens.

Comment

Originally posted by DaemonLee
      Thanks for the welcome WordBiker. But doesn't that case look a little small? The one you showed the link.
      It's a full ATX midtower Daemon. The mobo should fit no problem, but unless you need more room for peripherals, do you want a case any bigger than necessary for hauling to a LAN?

[i]And do you know any places cheaper then XPCASES.com where I could get the same stuff, of the same quality. AND NOT REFURBS! ^-^ I cannot stand Refurbs. Something bad always happens.
      I've done a lot of business with NewEgg, the company in the link I gave you. They may not always have the rock bottom price on a particular item, but their service is above reproach, and it's worth the few extra bucks. Check out their other cases, or you may try Xoxide or Directron . Also give the TweakTown Deals search engine a whirl.
      Be wary of buying from companies that offer the lowest price. Often it comes with hidden costs, items left out of the full retail package, poor service or a lousy return policy.

Comment

Hmm...Never thought of that.

Why when I goto that link, it states it's a Mid-Tower?

Comment

Why when I goto that link, it states it's a Mid-Tower?
          That's because it is a mid-tower. A mid-tower is a full ATX case, the ATX form factor being what you might call a modern full-sized motherboard. A mid-tower or full-tower case refers to the number of available drive bays and the overall case dimensions and specifications rather than the size of motherboard that it was designed to accept. The majority of modern single processor motherboards are ATX, and are 12" wide by 9.6" deep, or 305mm X 244mm. There are extended ATX motherboards, but these are typically server or dual-processor motherboards and may require what is referred to as a full-tower. A microATX tower will only accept a microATX or flexATX motherboard, though most ATX cases will also accept a microATX motherboard, as it's smaller at 9.6" X 9.6", or 244 X 244mm. For all the specific details, check out Formfactors.org.

If all this isn't overwhelming enough for you, there's a new standard coming this year called BTX. May God have mercy on our souls.

Comment

Should I just wait for ZTX?

Comment

$80 bucks up.

Comment

Actually the difference between a mid-tower and a full-tower is that a mid has 4 x 5.25' bays and a full has 6 x 5.25" bays.
                Should I just wait for ZTX?
                Ya'll likely be dead b4 then. :rolleyes2

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                  Ya'll likely be dead b4 then. :rolleyes2

Comment

Thanks for the Confidence vote there Wiggo....

Comment

Sorry but atm ya really don't inspire any as we havn't got to BTX yet.

Comment

Thanks for clearing up the Mid vs. Full issue there Wiggo. There didn't seem to be any standard as different manufacturers seem to have their own ideas for sizing their cases (edit: other than the ATX standard, that is). :cheers:

Comment

True True. Thanks Wiggo! Yer a big help for us 'Unknown Users' ^-^

Comment

Well, I made a few changes in Budget...Sold a few things (Check out Trading Post) and am creating funds. I got $70 bucks up (hopefully) and am redesigning my case ideas. Here's the case that I want. http://directron.com/fs313b.html Along with a Dual Cold Cathode (Green) setup from XPcases, along with a Fan Controller (Maybe) and 4 UV Reactive Fans.

Comment

Working...
                            X