Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would my AMD K6 fit in a ATX Full size Tower? (merged thread

Answers? Please people.

Well a few more details would be nice like is ya K6 mounted on a Baby AT or ATX mobo? :rolleyes2
    If on an ATX mobo then yes it would but on an AT mobo some work maybe/will be required.

Comment

*blinks, shifty-eyed* Now, I'm not the smartest of the bunch...but I never learned the Case types. Help.

Comment

I can now see that this ain't goin' to be easy : omg:

Ok here's what a Baby AT mobo looks like, http://www.epox.com/html/motherboard...P-MVP3C&lang=1, and here's an ATX mobo, http://www.epox.com/html/motherboard...-MVP3G2&lang=1, so which one is your's? :?:

Comment

just for clarification, your mobo probably wont look exactly like either of those links. The general layout of the motherboard is what you need to be looking at.

If you happen to know the make and model of the modo, that would work too.

Comment

Okay it's ATX ya'll. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DaemonLee
              Would my AMD K6 fit in a ATX Full size Tower? Answers? Please people.

Okay it's ATX
              Well then yes it will.

Comment

My very kickin' plan, for a beginning case. Note, I already have 3 fans. So in total since the Case comes with 2, I will have 5. No fan ducts though.

Aluminum Silver XSonic ATX Computer case, with built in 350 WATT ATX12V AMD Thermal Controlled Power Supply. Large Clear Acrylic Side panel window, with two Built in Tri-Color LED Fans, and front access Dual USB and Firewire Port.

Black Anodized Thumb Screws. << A must.

Green 6'' LED Bubble light with Dual Device inverter and Rear PCI shield with Mode setting switches.

Silver 5.25 4- channel fan controller, with Dualmode Red/Blue LEDs.

Totalling to 91.85, including Shipping..
                Anyone wanna buy fishing gear? ^-^

Now where should I put the light anyways? Bottom or Top? *beats his computer for being dysfunctional*

Comment

It'd help alot if you'd post a pic or a link with one :thumb:

Comment

It's all from XPcases.com

Comment

Originally posted by DaemonLee
                      It's all from XPcases.com
                      This is what was asked for to save us the trouble of havin' to search it out, http://www.xpcases.com/shop/item.asp?CatID=1&sku=118 :rolleyes2

But quite frankly I don't like 350W PSU's and I certainly don't like the looks of that case but then for a K6-? it's overkill. : peace2:

Comment

Thanks Wiggo, What would you recommend? I like something flashy since I'd probably be taking it to LAN parties.

Comment

Well if ya like the looks of that case then that's fine but why not get it with a 400W PSU to make way for possible future upgrades? :?:

Comment

Welp, I was going with the 'Come-needed, buy.' Kindof thing. Since I'm trying to stay with the $100 dollar budget. Ya understand? And It's not really overkill? What's your thoughts.

Comment

Well, I'm kinda with Daemon on this one. Is more than a 350W PSU necessary for a K6? PSU's are almost always cheaper sold with a case, and as long as it's a decent brand, it should work fine. I have what I believe to be a Sparkle PSU heisted from an old Emachines, rated at 150W, and it runs an 1800+ OCed, single DVD-ROM, an LCD screen, FX5600, HD, some LED lights and 7 low-draw case fans. When he saves enough for a better system, he could upgrade then. He can spend the money he saves on lights to distract attention away from the K6....:laugh:
                              Of course, if you can find a case with a name brand PSU rated better than 350W, it would be cheaper to get it initially with a case, and you wouldn't have a redundant PSU left over later. For something in that price range, I like this case. A simple vent mod to the front and it'd cool very nicely.
                              Whatever you decide DaemonLee, good luck with it and welcome to TweakTown! : peace2: :cheers:

Comment

Working...
                              X