Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

car alarm system for computer. (merged threads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car alarm system for computer. (merged threads)

a couple years ago my mom bought a car alarm system for her car that my brother was suposed to have installed...he never did so now by rules of "it's mine" it is now mine.

the module itself is not very complex. it has a reciever which transmits to a couple chips which then go to relays and lastly to whatever destination you want. The controler has 4 butons for unlocking, locking, hood open, and alarm activating. I will be using the lock button for power, the unlock for reset, and the other two for whatever i/you can think of.

I have a ThermalTak xaser2 and will probably be mounting the module into a 3.5 bay.

one question i have is what kind of switch does the power/reset use on the mother board (i can't believe i forgot this)? I'll be getting relays to replace the switches to mobo for remote use.

i'll see what i can do about getting some pixs.

GBRRICCI: You could use the spare button(s) to open/close your CD/DVD tray.

Comment

yeah, thats a good idea. i only have a cd burner right now so i can hook a relay up to the cd-rom too.

not sure what kind of switch cd-roms use though. i think their dpdt but not sure, i think the power and reset are also dpdt but i dont know that either.

Comment

for my car alarm mod that im doing for my computer i am swapping out switches with relays and im not sure what type i need to get.

here's a list of the items i'll be changing.

Cd-Burner(replacing eject button): ???

power (replacing power button): ???

reset (replacing reset button): ???

Comment

I really can't understand why ya keep wantin' to start new threads on basically the same subject as a thread that ya've already started. :confused:

As for ya power and reset switches just go to ya local electronics shop and pick up a couple of "momentary on" push button switches of a style that suits you.

Ya can't replace the CDRW eject button but software can perform that function for ya (eg; SoftEject).

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
            I really can't understand why ya keep wantin' to start new threads on basically the same subject as a thread that ya've already started. :confused:
            because im an impatient *******. or atleast i think it is... maybe its because the cat was exclamation point with the martinelli's taxi. to summarize that i will say "oops" and "blah"...oops, blah

anyways i'll see what i can find at an electronics store (probably radio shack...even though they suck and overprice everything). but im looking for relays, not switches.

i think i saw someone mod their cd-rom's eject button to the outside of their casing because it was stealthed. i'll see if i can do something similar but by the use of relays as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo

As for ya power and reset switches just go to ya local electronics shop and pick up a couple of "momentary on" push button switches of a style that suits you.

Ya can't replace the CDRW eject button but software can perform that function for ya (eg; SoftEject).
              ive checked that out myself as a result i put 1 in my pc

the reset switch has gone so im going to replace it next wedenesday : peace2:

Comment

Working...
              X