Cheap PSU Cable Wrapping Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazysniper22
    Why not use that thing like a twisted plastic thingy, i dont know how to describe it, but i got mine in Maplin shop here in UK.

Its better than the electrical tape, because its not sticky.
    Yep spiral wrap comes in many sizes plus is very easy to put on and take off. It should be available at any good electronics/electrical supply store.

Comment

Next time you're by a Pep Boys (or whatever auto parts store that has racerboy parts) check out split-loom sheathing. It comes in different sizes and colors, it's pretty cheap and looks good, and best of all: it's easily removable for future mods, adding wires for more hardware, etc...Also, wires can be "doubled back" to hide the unused connectors as more than one wire strand can be sheathed.
      I agree that braided sheathing and shrink tubing looks the best, but it's very tedious and time consuming to apply. You also run the risk of damaging molex, ATX and other connectors when taking the ends off. I've applied split-loom without even taking the PSU out of the case. I havent used the spiral wrap, but I also haven't seen it in as many colors as split-loom.
      CableOrganizer.com has just about anything you'd be looking for. They also "rent" connector pin removal tools.
      SVC has braided and Velcro sheathing (also a good option for main ATX) at good prices, as well as a ton of other modding supplies and lights.
      :cheers:

Comment

I posted the link for Cableorganizer.com before without having ordered anything from them before. Well, I was doing some warranty work for a contractor, and the client needed something done with some home audio cables. The equipment is on one side of a huge river rock fireplace, and the wall outlet is on the other side with the black cables running inbetween. Looks like crap, and there's no way to hide the cables without major demo or excavation, so I suggested camouflaging them in gray splitloom, and then tacking them underneath the lip of the hearth. They agreed, so I ordered the stuff from Cableorganizer on Wednesday.....got it all on Saturday! I'm well-pleased with the fast shipping and prices. I'll do the work this week and let you know how it goes.
        :cheers:

Comment

Working...
        X