LED Fans Vs UV LED Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Fans Vs UV LED Fans

Well in the world of case modding it is just expanding.
    I saw the other day UV Fans with built in UV LEDs so that a UV CC isn't needed. Just wondering which of the fans would be brighter. A standard LED fan or UV LED fan?? :confused:

since the uv light is directly on the uv sensitive fan it would have the most reactive output.

Comment

Yeah but would it light up the case like an LED fan, or just glow the fan only ??? :?:
      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

the most effect would be on the fan but there would be a little ambient (good word huh) light emiting throughout the case.

Comment

I do the UV setup and It doesnt creat e as much birghtness as LED's, irt creates more of a glowwing type of look

Comment

I have some UV LED fans....one on the side as a blowhole and replaced the one on the PSU. The LEDs light up the fan, kinda, but UV cold cathodes are FAR superior. Only reason I didn't use a CC fan light was to have one less wire to disconnect when removing the case side...see for yourself...

Comment

And here are the fans with the case lighting off...:cheers:

Comment

Nice looking setup Wordbiker.
                Sine the UV fans don't emit as much light thoughout the case as the LEDs would I guess I stick to LEDs and save myself the money.:smokin:

Comment

Yeah, I was looking for a very specific effect....a splash of color. If you want to light up a case, LEDs or Cold Cathodes do a better job, but they tend to turn everything the same color. Guess it really comes down to what you like, and how much you're willing to spend in time or money to get it.
                  One more note: These are cheap UV LED fans....another brand may put out more light. I got all my UV sensitive and LED fans, as well as the fanlights at SVC. Check it out for some cool products and ideas, as well as great prices. Directron also has just about everything. A little more expensive, but they also have a modding gallery and forums. Happy modding! : party ha :cheers:

Comment

Working...
                  X