• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW 780, BW 745 a one big loop???

Good day all,

I was lucky to find and buy 2 kits:
    The BW 780e and the BW745
    My idea of a loop is as following
    P500>CPU>120mm Rad > NB> 240mm Rad > P400 >120mm Radiator.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
    As u can see I want to also use the p400 pump, is it possible to have the loop with the P400 and the p500 togather?
    Is the p500 powerfull enough to run the loop alone?
    Thank you.
    P.S. I got the 2 kits for a nice 300$ which is too cheap to where I live.
    <o:p></o:p>
    Thx
    Zcommander Z out.......

Re: BW 780, BW 745 a one big loop???

Hey newbie (said the newbie )

I would seriously reconsider using two different pumps.
    Two of the same, sure, but never two different ones.
    I am unfamiliar with those pumps but invariably the stronger pump will always try to force water throught the weaker pump, holding back the flow and rendering the weaker pump useless. Only as a backup pump could it work, but your setup is so small and the cpu protected by bios and build in safeguards that backups don't do much but hinder performance. Also, you will want to send the coolest water to the 'coolest' heatsource (NB) you want to cool. The water will always be cool enough for the processor since that runs hotter than the NB.

Your setup with three seperate rads is interesting and gives options for intermediate cooling stages, but it's only tenths of degrees you will gain at best so it's more playing anyway.
    But if they are really seperate and easy to put in the loop anywhere you'd like I'd personally for:

P500>240>120>NB>120>CPU

This will add the heat of the pump to the water before it cools.
    360mm of rad will cool it nicely for maximum effect on the NB.
    A small 'intercooler' stage before it cools the cpu is the last step (mind you, gains are neglibale with this, but it's fun to build and that matters too!).

my $.02

(in case you wonder if I know anything about watercooling at all...
    www.xs4all.nl/~eikelman/projects/watercooling )
    Last edited by tijgert; 03-14-2009, 06:25 AM. Reason: Credentials

Comment

Hmm, I was reading and found out that water cooling the NB of the EX58-EXTREME would not add much for the OC. so NB is ou of the loop.

Regarding pumps, is the p500 powerfull enough for 3 rads. ?

Comment

Well isn't that the funniest thing ever

I am currently and most secretly putting together my new rig and that'll be a i7 920 on a... Gigabyte EX58 Extreme
        I actually will cool the NB with water because the mosfets dump their heat there too by heatpipe and those do need good cooling for stable overclocks.
        (also, it'll reduce the need for good airflow on the mosfets, reducing noise)

The rest of the setup will contain a GTX295 and a 8800GTS (both on water) and a brand new, high performance, external watercooling case with quad SilenX Extrema Pro high flow 120mm fans and dual Black Ice GTX 240 radiators (with an Eheim 1250 pump)

p.s.
        What are the specs for the P500 pump?

Comment

• Rated Voltage: 12VDC
          • Input Current: 600mA
          • Flow Rate: 500L/h
          • Noise: 16dBA
          • Power Connector: 4-pin Molex
          • Connectors: 6.4mm (1/4")ID, 9.5mm (3/8")ID
          • Bearing: Ceramic Bearing
          That's the P500, it is a moderate pump compared to todays pumps, again this is my first water cooling and hopefully I'll enjoy it and venture more.

So what do you think of this loop:

p500>NB>240 rad > CPU> 120rad.

Comment

You took out a rad?
            This should still work just fine I think.
            With only the CPU and the NB to keep cool this pump should be plenty. Enough to keep it way cooler than on air anyway. If you still feel you need more cooling for better overclock results, you can always add or replace stuff.

For now, just try it :)

Comment

mixing 2 kits is perfectly fine, however never mix pumps in the same loop as already mentioned due to different flow capabilities.

if you want to use the P400 as well then you're going to have to run it in a separate loop to cool something else.

Comment

I removed one rad. to reduce the usage of pips and parts and making testing for leakage easier.

This should be my first venture into water cooling and might upgrade it in a year with a new one..............Come on thermaltake do a cupper Rad and a bigger pump please !!!!!

Comment

Well, you can always buy the good stuff. Thermaktake has nice things, but it's a little 'simple'. Why not make your own setup like I did? If your case can take it, put a nice Black Ice Extreme in it or something... 12v pumps are widespread also. There really is no limit :)

But... first you need some experience and fun putting together your first rig ;)
                  Just make you you read a lot about it, about every little thing.

Comment

The problem is that I do not live in north america nor Europe which makes Internet shopping a very hard task. I have to use the local market to buy my stuff. And currently tjermaltale dominates the high end segmant as other brands are unavailble

Comment

Well, if you need help I am willing to offer my services.
                      Here in Holland (and Germany next door) stuff tends to be cheaper than other places very often.

Comment

Working...
                      X