Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to fix a 64GB pro IV SSD when flashed from firmware 1571 to 1916?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix a 64GB pro IV SSD when flashed from firmware 1571 to 1916?

since i'm not getting any answer from the support (not even 1 email received :( ), is there anybody knowing how to fix a SSD disk when it was flashed from 1571 to 1916 firmware, wich locked the drive?

Re: How to fix a 64GB pro IV SSD when flashed from firmware 1571 to 1916?

i just got an answer from Runcore support:

Dear customer

We do apologize for the inconvenience.
    For some SSDs, it needs to be update to 1819 before to 1916.
    Please read the instruction attached carefully, and run the 1819 firmware updating process again.
    Also, before connect the drive via USB connector, u might need tweezers to connect those two "J1" holes in order to set the drive back to factory mode.

Regards,
    Runcore support

with the good firmware :)

but now... should i connect the J1 jumper when the disk is connected through USB or not?

Comment

i got another answer from runcore support...

to repair the disk, the USB adaptator have to have a green PCB... for me it's not the case :(

Comment

Hi there, any chance you could post the instructions they gave you? I'm in the same boat and need to fix this soon.

Thanks heaps,

Goldy

Comment

Originally posted by lehua768
          We do apologize for the inconvenience.For some SSDs, it needs to be update to 1819 before to 1916.
          Please read the instruction attached carefully, and run the 1819 firmware updating process again.
          Also, before connect the drive via USB connector, u might need tweezers to connect those two "J1" holes in order to set the drive back to factory mode.since i'm not getting any answer from the support (not even 1 email received :( ), is there anybody knowing how to fix a SSD disk when it was flashed from 1571 to 1916 firmware, wich locked the drive?

Would it be comfortable if you send some screenshots of your SSD and the adaptor to [email protected]? We may then be able to locate the relevant reinitializing file for you.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X