Proplem with My HyperX 1066

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proplem with My HyperX 1066

Greetings all, I bought 4 months ago a New pc Motherboard was Gigabyte MA77O-UD3 and it had 2 x 2 GB kingston Hyperx 1066 Ram and they worked 1066 after 1 month i bought 2 more 2 x 2Gb Kingston hyperX same model as the ones i bought before , They now works 800Mhz not 1066, when every i try to manually set them to 1066,the pc Crashes and doesn't boot up until i remove both rams and set it back auto again....,Can you help me running them 1066 please?

and these are Screenshots

Last edited by rockstarw; 11-17-2009, 11:38 AM.

Re: Proplem with My HyperX 1066

You sound like you have same problem as me but with 2gb sticks where i have 1gb stick

Did you resolve this at all

Comment

Ppl are asking me to increase the voltage and the timings but I'm not quite sure what to do

Comment

You can alter the timings and voltage in bios when load screen comes on at start up hit delete that will take you into Bios.

When bios screen showing hit CTRL+F1 to open hidden gigabyte bits

Open up the MIT section in there you will see all info needed.

Funny I cant post picture like you have but know how to adjust ram timings

If you can post pic of the MIT section I or somebnody with more knowledge will be able to tell you what to do

Comment

I checked Kingston's memory configuration tool. All the RAM for your board is 667 or 800. Are you sure your board supports 1066 fully? Some boards require a revision be at a certain level to support features.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSIraidGURU View Post
            I checked Kingston's memory configuration tool. All the RAM for your board is 667 or 800. Are you sure your board supports 1066 fully? Some boards require a revision be at a certain level to support features.
            Yes I'm pretty sure because when I had 2 chips only it was recognized 1066

Comment

Two work at 1066 and four at 800. I bet your board does not support dual channel at 1066, only single channel.

Comment

I updated pictures of the MIT as well , and my motherboard is Gigabyte MA77O-UD3

Comment

UD3 listed on Kingston memory config only has 667 and 800 MHz RAM. It is common for single stick per channel to be 1333 or 1066, and 2 sticks to go down one setting to

I have seen triple channel boards
                  1 stick : 1333
                  2 sticks : 1066 or 800
                  3 sticks : 800

dual channel boards
                  1 stick 1066
                  2 sticks 800

Comment

That board supports 1066 RAM up to and including having all slots filled in dual channel. There is no limitation there.

In fact the board will support up to DDR-1200 in dual channel mode as detailed in the boards specs on the Gigabyte site. It would take a pretty old or extremely crappy board not to support dual channel 1066. Getting 4 sticks stable may be a challenge, but there is absolutely no physical hardware limit in place. It's down to compatibility between board and modules and takes tweaking of settings. Unlikely anyone will get there with full auto settings.

Consumer boards are no where near as picky as server boards. With a server board you'd do well to obey the manufacturers recommended module list at all times. A consumer board is different. Find modules that others have used to good effect and you have a 99% chance of success yourself.

An increase in Northbridge voltage is likely needed along with manually setting the maximum rated voltage for your RAM (VDIMM). Also set the primary timings manually to what is printed on the side of the modules. Place "Set memory clock" on manual and alter the multiplier until RAM speed reads 1066.

If this fails you will also need to configure advanced RAM timings. Setting "1T/2T Command timing" to 2T can help drastically in improving stability. Performance will drop slightly, but it'll be worth it to gain stability. Write recovery time, Precharge, TwTr delay and other settings woth xxT as the quantity can be increased by a couple of values (higher numbers lean toward stability, lower to speed and possible instability).

You may get more responses to your questions etc by asking a moderator to move this to the Gigabyte section. The Gigabyte support forum has a much higher volume of traffic than this one. I haven't really seen anyone actually from Kingston answer anything here. Even if they did they'd probably say "Run it at 800". You may end up having to run at DDR-800, but that's as a last resort, not a first suggestion.
                    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
                    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
                    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
                    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
                    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
                    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
                    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
                    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
                    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
                    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
                    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
                    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
                    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
                    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

Working...
                    X