Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overclocking and Questions. I7 9700k & Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master (rev1.0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking and Questions. I7 9700k & Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master (rev1.0)

Hi all its been awhile.
    I am a noob to Overclocking with anything this new, My last Overclock was a X58 with a i7 950 still running ok apart from the marvel controller anyways.
    I've just got this board and updated to the latest bios "f8e" on gigabytes site.
    Now i wanted to Overclock, yet still wanted my CPU to use the advance features so its not always running at 100% and using all that power all the time so, but then run in to the below problem.

First thing i notice is if i change say just 2 settings CPU Clock Ratio to 50, So my CPU is 5GHz then just change the voltage to say v1.35 just for testing say then reboot. I notice all my CPU advance features like c1 etc are not doing anything yet in bios there set to auto. I then set them all to enabled and still the CPU stuck to 5GHz??

Re: Overclocking and Questions. I7 9700k & Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master (rev1.0)

Read similar OC guide.....
    GIGABYTE Z370 Overclocking Guide
    Last edited by stasio; 02-01-2019, 11:54 PM.

Comment

I seen a video from tweak town for the i7 9700k on here cant find the link. yet this is not what i'm after, I have kind of worked out how to do what i'm after just need to know if i'm doing right. after all dont want to blow me system. well at moment i have done this.

I go in to and change the below settings.

MIT > Advance CPU Core Settings
      CPU Clock Ratio 38
      Uncore Ratio 47
      Turbo Ratio (1 Core Active) 51
      Turbo Ratio (2 Core Active) 51
      Turbo Ratio (3 Core Active) 50
      Turbo Ratio (4 Core Active) 50
      Turbo Ratio (5 Core Active) 49
      Turbo Ratio (6 Core Active) 49
      Turbo Ratio (7 Core Active) 48
      Turbo Ratio (8 Core Active) 48

This increase the CPU by a small amount but want to check before going higher.
      My next problem is Voltage setting. there is not enough said about it in the manual, it just says CPU Core Voltage Control.

MIT > Advanced Voltage Settings > CPU Core Voltage Control
      CPU Vcore: Normal
      Dynamic VCore (Dvid): -0.050v

MIT > Advance Voltage Settings Advanced Power Settings
      CPU Vcore Loadline Calibration: Normal

I change to normal this should keep voltages to stock, and the most voltage is v1.350 yet not sure
      then i give dynamic vcore a tweak just in case it need that little bit more.

So question is am i doing this right, or missing anything.

thanks for the help so far :)
      Last edited by TrebleTA; 02-06-2019, 06:00 AM. Reason: Changed the turbo settings and Dynamic Vcore and added Loadline.

Comment

GIGABYTE Z390 9th Gen OC Guide & VRM Thermal Test

Comment

Ok after a bit more looking in to it Dynamic VCore (Dvid) -0.050v as from what i can tell better to under-volt, also I set CPU Vcore Loadline Calibration to normal.

Next is there anything i am missing that is needed at mo everything else is set on auto apart from the first post that i have edited the turbo ratio.

Comment

How do i flash the backup bios as main bios is now F8e and backup is F4. I got a boot error F8 and guessing its were there not the same?

Another thing i have noticed is that when i use Easytune or SIV to check CPU temp it says my cpu is 20c yet in hwinfo and other apps its saying 28c, the gigabyte software should be right yet am thinking its reading wrong?
            Notice that 1-2 apps have been updated :)
            Last edited by TrebleTA; 02-09-2019, 12:44 PM. Reason: HWinfo updated

Comment

Forum seems dead

Comment

Backup BIOS reflash:
                ALT+F12 - AWARD BIOS
                ALT+F10 - UEFI BIOS

GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Try F8g BIOS.

Comment

Hmm i tryed that yet there is no way of knowing if the bios copped, also i think it would be by the switches on the board like selecting single bios then 2nd bios

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                    Backup BIOS reflash:
                    ALT+F12 - AWARD BIOS
                    ALT+F10 - UEFI BIOS

GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Try F8g BIOS.
                    These hotkeys no longer function as of Z270 and newer boards (may have been Z370 they were removed in, I don't recall 100%, but pretty sure it was Z270).
                    The bios dip switches must be used to flash the backup bios.
                    Gigabyte Aorus Master

Comment

Ok gigabyte have said if the bios switch is on duel updating main bios will also update the 2nd bios. Unless it's in single bios mode.

I asked gigabyte about the bios on here and they said it's not advised...

Comment

Originally posted by TrebleTA View Post
                        Ok gigabyte have said if the bios switch is on duel updating main bios will also update the 2nd bios. Unless it's in single bios mode.

I asked gigabyte about the bios on here and they said it's not advised...
                        That's not true.
                        You *MUST* boot to the backup bios, with the switch in single bios mode, and then run Q-flash.
                        I would flash to at least bios version F7. If you can't find it, flash to F8E.
                        There were certain bugs fixed, including issues with the board switching bioses.
                        One thing I have not seen is if you remain on the backup bios and have a crash (or unplug the power while on the bios screen) and it booting to the main bios.
                        I believe it did that on old versions. Did not see this happen on F8E.
                        Gigabyte Aorus Master

Comment

Well when i did it i updated on duel bios mode, then when i switch to the back up, it was the same bios version. yet the board originally come with F4 so it should of been that as its what i updated from in duel bios mode.
                          I did try the alt F10 etc maybe that still have a affect before i try'ed the bios switch yet there was no way of telling. But that's how i come up with the above.

Bios F7 and F8E have a problem there working on apart from the fact it don't pick up the display when i reboot and enter bios i need to switch the monitor off then back on, then i see bios pic, else its just a blank black screen.

If i enable CPU Fan warning. then enable a system fan to enable stop the system speaker beeps like the CPU fan has stop!

Comment

Working...
                          X