Help Marvell Controller GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Marvell Controller GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0

Help, I have messed up the bios on the Marvell chip controller.

As i was flashing the Marvell controller on the PC the PC died!! now If the controller is enabled via bios the PC will just boot to a black screen.
    I now have to force a hard bios reset by holding the power switch etc, so then i am able to get the bios post then go in to the bios and disable the Marvell controller, if i do not enter the bios, the duel bios will kick in and rewrite the main bios file.
    Now with the Marvell controller disabled in bios the PC boots and works ok.

Is there any ways to replace it with the file in the main bios, problem is i cant start the pc with the Marvell controller enabled. and with this board it reads the PC post then it will try to update the controller!!.

Please help save this board

Re: Help Marvell Controller GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0

Was hoping someone else may of had some advice on this. I've try contacting Gigabyte by Phone and well what they said was i could return the board at a cost and there was a chance they could not fix it as its a old board.
    I know its just a read error on the Marvell controller that is stopping the PC entering post screen on normal boot.

Someone said there was like a flash bios that gigabyte use, like a diagnose bios, i cant think of the name of it.

Any help would be most great full

Comment

Working...
    X