Configuring memory on GA-Z170X Gaming G1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring memory on GA-Z170X Gaming G1

I recently built a new system with an i7-6700k, a Gigabyte GA-Z170x Gaming G1 motherboard, and a 32GB Ripjaws V kit (F4-3200C16Q-32GVK).

For the life of me I cannot get the RAM to run at anything other than the stock 2133mhz speeds. The BIOS has many more options than I am familiar with but I have tried the following:

Selected XMP profile = no boot
    Selected XMP profile and adjusted system agent voltage = no boot
    Selected XMP profile and adjusted system agent voltage and VCCIO voltage = no boot
    Manually set memory multiplier to 3200mhz and adjusted above voltages = no boot
    Manually set memory multiplier at various settings below 3200mhz and adjusted above voltages = no boot

As I'm learning more about the various options and their impacts on system stability I have learned that the recommendations I had about setting system agent and VCCIO to 1.25v may have been a bit much and may have contributed to the issue. I plan on going back and trying lower voltages. Stock voltage does not work though.

The above has been tried with the CPU at stock speeds and overclocked with no difference (so far).

Does anyone have any solid tips I can try to get this running at rated speeds (or at least close)? Any good "baby steps" recommendations I should follow?

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I have also tried manually setting RAM voltage to 1.35v, I forgot to mention that earlier.
    Last edited by xjnine; 12-02-2015, 03:13 PM.

Re: Configuring memory on GA-Z170X Gaming G1

Now that I am home and doing some tinkering it appears that the BIOS is not applying the timing adjustments. I have manually set them to the XMP settings (16-16-16-36) at stock speeds but several system information viewers in windows report the timings are still at system defaults (15-15-15-35). I will try to move back to the F5 BIOS from the F6g beta to see if that helps.

Comment

I have same spec except ram HyperX FURY 3000MHZ if i select any XMP i cant boot only stock speed 2133MHZ, i tried last beta bios F6i work for 1 week and cant set again any more, i cant find any solution.

Comment

Rolllin,

Please let me know if you have any luck configuring your RAM. I'll do the same. Very frustrating...

Comment

Originally posted by xjnine View Post
          Rolllin,

Please let me know if you have any luck configuring your RAM. I'll do the same. Very frustrating...
          I enabled relax oc option in memory enhancement settings its located in advanced memory settings then i saved it and restart the pc and enabled XMP and it works now, i think it relax memory timing
          Last edited by rolllin; 12-04-2015, 02:49 PM.

Comment

A web search using: GA-Z170X-Gaming G1 review provides links to major websites that have reviewed your motherboard and these sites almost always include overclocking information for the cpu and memory. While they probably are using different memory kits, the best review sites provide details about the steps that they took to arrive at a fully stable overclock.

TweakTown, HardOCP, TechPowerUp and Bjorn3D are a few of the major sites that have reviewed your motherboard.

Another option is to search for an "official" forum that is dedicated to your motherboard model.
            Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
            P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
            4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
            MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
            Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
            WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
            Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
            SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
            Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
            Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
            Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
            MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
            Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
            HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
            CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
            E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
            Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
            Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
            HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

profJim,

I've checked out all the reviews and unfortunately most of them were scarce with information. I tried some of the suggestions but none had worked. This motherboard is so new I have not been able to find an 'official' forum more official than this one.

Rolllin's info got me through the issue for the most part. I had to change the memory enhancement setting to either max stability or relaxed (both worked once I changed the next setting) but I also had to turn off the fast boot memory option. If that option is enabled the system always hangs at post code 55 if the memory multiplier is set above 22.

Up and running at 3200mhz now. Thanks for the help Rolllin!

Comment

profJim,

I've checked out all the reviews and unfortunately most of them were scarce with information. I tried some of the suggestions but none had worked. This motherboard is so new I have not been able to find an 'official' forum more official than this one.

Rolllin's info got me through the issue for the most part. I had to change the memory enhancement setting to either max stability or relaxed (both worked once I changed the next setting) but I also had to turn off the fast boot memory option. If that option is enabled the system always hangs at post code 55 if the memory multiplier is set above 22.

Up and running at 3200mhz now. Thanks for the help Rolllin!
                Ur welcome Xjnine. About fast boot memory option i already enabled it without problem, im using beta bios F6i

Comment

Originally posted by rolllin View Post
                  Ur welcome Xjnine. About fast boot memory option i already enabled it without problem, im using beta bios F6i
                  Did you happen to enable it after you configured your memory and got it to boot? I may try it in that order to see if I can get that feature working again. POST time is very long with it turned off.

Comment

Did you happen to enable it after you configured your memory and got it to boot? I may try it in that order to see if I can get that feature working again. POST time is very long with it turned off.
                    yes I enabled it after the configuration and boot fine.

I have another problem when I install the network driver then install Intel inf driver windows crash and give me bsod irq_not_less_or_equal do u have this problem
                    Last edited by rolllin; 12-05-2015, 09:43 AM.

Comment

My system also crashed when trying to install the Intel inf driver during my initial setup. I haven't tried to do it again after I got everything configured. I didn't worry about it since Windows Update tends to install the latest inf files if needed.

Comment

My system also crashed when trying to install the Intel inf driver during my initial setup. I haven't tried to do it again after I got everything configured. I didn't worry about it since Windows Update tends to install the latest inf files if needed.
                        I had the same issue when I did a fresh Windows 10 install. Update sorted everything out.

Comment

hello guys can you help me please,i have problem with ram my mobo is z170x g7 and ram is g skill trident z 3200mhz(2x8gb)..when i have only 1 dimm installed can run xmp but when i put the second i got error 55..I changed slots, dimms, set manual voltage cant even run in 2133 with two dimms...only if i have them in single channel...i am trying for days now to find the sweet spot and have a stable pc i am thinking of buying another ram kit 2133 hyperx savage...any ideas?

Comment

Update

Ok guys i found the solution to my problem...https://major.io/2014/08/22/asus-max...gene-error-55/ for those with the same symptoms with me i am with custom watercooling...

Pay attention to the down right side of the block because there are the lanes of the ram....after a carefull reinstall of the block everything is okxmp profile 3200 with no problem..

Comment

Working...
                            X