X58A-UD7 Rev 2 Problems with OCZ Revodrive X2 and Hard Disk 3TB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X58A-UD7 Rev 2 Problems with OCZ Revodrive X2 and Hard Disk 3TB

Hello my Motherboard is X58A-UD7 Rev 2. I have two problems, starting with OCZ SSD Revodrive x2 PCIe and two new Toshiba hard disk DT01ACA300 3TB.

Before I change my BIOS configuration FD13 (RAID XHD) Running is perfectly follows:

Start by OCZ PCIE-X8_2 Revodrive x2

Intel controller ICHR10R:

Port 0 and 1: Two HDD WD 1TB Black (2TB Raid 0)
    Port 2 and 3: Two HDD WD 1TB Black (2TB Raid 0)
    Port 4 and 5: Two hard drive WD Black 500GB (1TB Raid 0)

Marvell controller

Port A and B: Two Seagate 2TB (4TB Raid 0)

Gigabyte controller

Puerto D: Asus DVD Player
    Puerto E: Empty

The FD13 perfectly bios recognizes the SSDs in RAID XHD Revodrive x2 way to recognize my raids on Intel controller.

Now I introduce my new hardware. Change in ports 4 and 5 of the Intel controller my two 500GB hard disk by Toshiba 2UD DT01ACA300 3TB in IDE mode:

Puerto 4 and 5: Two hard drive Toshiba 3TB DT01ACA300 (non-RAID)

Marvell controller

Gigabyte controller

Puerto D: DVD Player
    Puerto E: Empty

The problems begin.

The FD13 bios only recognizes 750GB but windows 7 x64 if that recognizes 3TB.

After passing the new data and information to 3TB hard disk, formatting and installed new windows 7. When I start windows 7 install all the drivers and see that I can not access certain information from the data stored on disk 3TB. Change 3TB hard drive to Gigabyte and I can access all data 3TB.

As Controller Intel ICHR10R have problems with 3TB update the bios to FD (09/11/2012 3TB + HDD support)

With the new bios FD perfectly accept 3TB drives from Intel controller. But my problem is that I can not start with PCIE Revodrive. RAID mode XHD not recognizing my PCIE RevoDrive x2. I changed X8_2 to PCIE-PCIE-16_2 and still not working. I have also put the graphics card on PCIE-16_2 and RevoDrive PCIe-X16_1 and nowhere PCIE slot, recognizes OCZ Revodrive x2.

If I change the boot AHCI or IDE mode if you recognize my OCZ Revodrive x2. Then this no longer Availablee my Raid 0 of the ports 0-1 and 2-3.

Abandonment bios FD and return to FD13 again. Decide not to connect the 3TB hard drive for problems Intel has given me the windows with no access data.

Start by OCZ PCIE-X8_2 Revodrive x2

Port 4 and 5: Empty

Marvell controller

Gigabyte controller

Port D-E: Two hard drive Toshiba 3TB DT01ACA300

It seems that it can work well but I need to connect the DVD player. I decide to connect the DVD player in the port 4 and 5 are empty. Then no recognizes my Revodrive x2 PCIE.

I can leave this set up and connect the DVD player to Intel but it seems very strange that connect the DVD fail to recognize Revodrive x2 PCIE. I have also doubts that the Gigabyte controller manages well DT01ACA300 my hard drives Toshiba 3TB.

I can connect my DVD player with a cable SATA to E-SATA controller JMB362 JMICRON (it's the only solution I've found so far)

In the bios is the SATA PORT 0-3 Native Mode option for the Intel controller that is just the solution for my DVD player. Not if activating the option and change the port Raid 0 0-1 4-5 and 0-1 to connect the reader to recognize the problems port X2 Revodrive be solved....

Bios FD13 no problem recognizing RAID X2 Revodrive XHD but does not recognize 3TB disks.

Regards

Re: X58A-UD7 Rev 2 Problems with OCZ Revodrive X2 and Hard Disk 3TB

In order for your system to recognize the full capacity of your 3TB hard drives, each drive needs to be initialized using GPT instead of MBR.

I have a 3TB Toshiba hard drive installed in my external hard drive enclosure and it is connected to my system using an e-sata cable.
    I have three partitions on my Toshiba hard drive and all 3TB of available storage space is available because it was set up using GPT.
    I chose not to have one large 3TB partition.

MBR hard drives can only recognize up to 2.2TB when the MBR setup is used.

Check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table or do a web search using mbr vs gpt
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Re: X58A-UD7 Rev 2 Problems with OCZ Revodrive X2 and Hard Disk 3TB

Thanks for the reply. That's not the problem. My two Toshiba hard disk as Raid 0 4TB in Marvell are in GPT.

The problem of the two Toshiba 3TB hard drive with FD13 bios on Intel controller does not work well. They are now connected the Gigabyte controller and work perfectly.

Originally posted by profJim View Post
      In order for your system to recognize the full capacity of your 3TB hard drives, each drive needs to be initialized using GPT instead of MBR.

I have a 3TB Toshiba hard drive installed in my external hard drive enclosure and it is connected to my system using an e-sata cable.
      I have three partitions on my Toshiba hard drive and all 3TB of available storage space is available because it was set up using GPT.
      I chose not to have one large 3TB partition.

MBR hard drives can only recognize up to 2.2TB when the MBR setup is used.

Check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table or do a web search using mbr vs gpt

Comment

Working...
      X