Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X99-UD3 can't get into bios set up

Hi,
    I just recently purchased a cyberpowerpc with a gigabyte X99-UD3 f4 motherboard. I've been trying to get into the bios set up, and have been unsuccessful. I end up with a a9 error code then the screen goes blank.. I can boot into windows and there seems to be no other problems (yet). Just to let you know what is installed in this computer: Intel i7 5820K 3.3 MHZ 2TB SATA III harddrive/ 240GB 2.5 SATAIII SSD, 8GB DDR4 2400 MHZ x2, Cyberpower 240 water cooler kit, MSI NVIDIA GTX 970, Windows 8.1 ,Corsairs K70 gaming keyboard, and a Logitech G502 mouse.

Thanks in advance for all the advice information!!

Re: X99-UD3 can't get into bios set up

Which key do you press the"."(Del) pn keypad?

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
      Which key do you press the"."(Del) pn keypad?
      Yes, the key in the num pad... Plus, I've tried the other delete key too with negative results.. ;(

Comment

BTW... I just updated the bios to f6.. and still can't get into the bios setup.. ;(

Comment

Have you an option in windows to reboot to BIOS?

Comment

It says your keyboard must be plugged into a powered usb port, and I have no idea what the usb pass through feature does. Make sure its plugged into a usb2 port not a usb3. Try a different usb keyboard plugged into a usb2 port. Anytime I've had a problem accessing bios its been because of a keyboard incompatibility, keyboard works when it's running but the computer will not recognize the keystrokes on boot.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel74 View Post
              It says your keyboard must be plugged into a powered usb port, and I have no idea what the usb pass through feature does. Make sure its plugged into a usb2 port not a usb3. Try a different usb keyboard plugged into a usb2 port. Anytime I've had a problem accessing bios its been because of a keyboard incompatibility, keyboard works when it's running but the computer will not recognize the keystrokes on boot.
              I've tried a different usb keyboard into every different usb2 or 3 port on my computer... I even have one usb port that say biosand is white... none of them work in letting me get into bios set up... Thanks for the help..!

Comment

Just to let everyone know... I even tried a keyboard with a serial port... didn't work.. :(

Comment

Have you an option in windows to reboot to BIOS?
                  You really need to try this method. It sounds like the BIOS has the Ultra Fast setting of the Fast Boot option enabled by default in the BIOS. In that situation, the ONLY way to get into the BIOS is with this Windows 8.1 option. Even when Ultra Fast is not in use, this method should work.

Some boards have a utility program, such as ASRock's Restart to UEFI, that use the same method as the Windows 8.1 option. I couldn't find a similar utility on your board's download page.

If the Windows 8.1 option does not work, then something is really strange, as if the BIOS/UEFI UI is locked out from use.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
                    Some boards have a utility program, such as ASRock's Restart to UEFI, that use the same method as the Windows 8.1 option. I couldn't find a similar utility on your board's download page.
                    The Fast Boot utility should be it.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
                      You really need to try this method. It sounds like the BIOS has the Ultra Fast setting of the Fast Boot option enabled by default in the BIOS. In that situation, the ONLY way to get into the BIOS is with this Windows 8.1 option. Even when Ultra Fast is not in use, this method should work.

If the Windows 8.1 option does not work, then something is really strange, as if the BIOS/UEFI UI is locked out from use.
                      I've actually tried that Windows 8.1 option... didn't work either... I'm really baffled about the whole thing... If I never tried logging into set up I would of never known... I haven't had any other issues and boot into windows with no problems..

Thanks for all the help!...

BTW... I flashed the bios to the most up to date... f6... same results.. couldn't get into set up... Anything else I could try???

Comment

Tried the fast boot utility?

Comment

What is the fast boot utility and how do I do it?

Comment

Yes, just tried it.. downloaded the appcenter, fast boot utility, live update, easy tune and system information viewer all together... disabled fast boot'; still the same, could not enter setup in the bios... Very frustrating!

Thanks for all the help, it's appreciated!!!

Comment

In fast boot you have the option "Enter BIOS Setup now", try that.

Comment

Working...
                              X