Running 8 GB of RAMs with EP45-DS3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Running 8 GB of RAMs with EP45-DS3R

tRD 9. SMM 2.40B but also tried 2.00B. No difference.

You said 150-200 I only tried 200. I don't think it's better or worse at 0-100-200. It doesn't seem to make any difference.

So... 1.41875 vcore? Will 1.36+ vcore on idle not hurt anything?

No I haven't tried CPU ref auto.

Comment

Originally posted by Prequel View Post
      You said 150-200 I only tried 200. I don't think it's better or worse at 0-100-200. It doesn't seem to make any difference.
      Post failed with CPU skew which shift the signal in the opposite direction so try a bit higher up to 400. We'll assume it's not it

Originally posted by Prequel
      So... 1.41875 vcore? Will 1.36+ vcore on idle not hurt anything?
      We will know of it does
      Up to you, it's your machine

No I haven't tried CPU ref auto.
      Lets try then, you can do it with EasyTune.

Comment

400 CPU skew = no post
        450fsb + 2.00b smm + tRD 9 + 1.41875vcore + 1.24vtt + 1.28 mch core = 0x124 bsod in linx in 3 mins
        450fsb + 2.00b smm + tRD 9 + 1.41875vcore + 1.24vtt + 1.28 mch core + auto cpu ref = 0x124 bsod in linx in 2-3 mins

1.41875vcore. 5 higher than 1.3875. 5 more vcore for 11 more fsb and still nothing.

idle vcore was 1.378 or something btw.

is this the end? :(

/im off for now, good night...or day.

Comment

400 CPU skew = no post
          450fsb + 2.00b smm + tRD 9 + 1.41875vcore + 1.24vtt + 1.28 mch core = 0x124 bsod in linx in 3 mins
          450fsb + 2.00b smm + tRD 9 + 1.41875vcore + 1.24vtt + 1.28 mch core + auto cpu ref = 0x124 bsod in linx in 2-3 mins

1.41875vcore. 5 higher than 1.3875. 5 more vcore for 11 more fsb and still nothing.

idle vcore was 1.378 or something btw.

is this the end? :(

/im off for now, good night...or day.
          Do you consider 33%+ OC to be bad?
          My E7200 could have maybe been pushed to 150% on cold winter nights, this is not common.
          The E7500 could do 3.85 I think which is 31% OC.
          I won't go over 4.3GHz with my 4670k, which from it's non-turbo frequency it's only 26% OC.

I think you should be very happy with 3.55GHz, just see if you can have it with 2.40B tRD 8.

Comment

I was just being dramatic, do you really have nothing more to suggest? xD

It's 3.51GHz with 2.40B BTW (which is ~31.7%). Will try tRD 8, but...^ ;)

Yes it is good but I mostly already used it @3.2. Still good, especially with being able to do it with 8GB but hoped to get 3.6-3.8.

Will it not bottleneck if, say, I get a 4GB GTX760? Also do you think my system RAM speed is bottlenecking me on games? (But I guess it won't matter if I upgrade to 4GB VRAM?)

BTW I have a vibration noise caused by rotation on my back 14CM fan, it sounds like it can easily be get rid of but I don't know how. When I press it with my hand on the center it goes away and in a few seconds it starts doing it. What can cause this? I have rubber screws I can use but I don't think it's coming from there. It is an original case fan BTW, not my work.

Do you think I should OC my 560Ti Hawk (which is 950/1900/2100) when max temp is 75c? Will it OC without overvolting?

Last one, if I get a new SSD, is there any way to use a SATA 3 SSD on SATA 2 MB with SATA 3 MB performance? I heard SATA 3 extenders through PCI-E aren't reliable. (And I need something cheap.)

Since we're discussing for 23 pages might as well explain my plan for world dominatio-- I mean my plan for my next rig.
            I was initially interested by mITX systems for a year or two but then I thought if eGPU's can be the key to one rig to rule them all. Then I thought are you stupid? Gaming ultrabooks are waiting for you. Stop overcomplicating things. Now I'm also considering 2in1's but they're too weak to be gaming systems. MS needs to get its sh*t together and put some damn port to Surface Pro 4/5 to turn it into a Crysis (or was it Witcher 3 these days?) slayer. So this is my plan for my next rig --which noone knows when will that happen-- I don't plan on getting another desktop PC so I'll try to get a 760 to make do for a while. ITX's (what was I thinking when I got that HAF 932 monster?) can actually be a nice intermediate but I don't upgrade frequently. And I don't see its use when i'll still be have to carry heavy weight with cables.
            One thing I'm thankful for is Nvidia/Intel's obsession with low power. Not that they're doing it for us but they're slowly making a very portable "one PC for all needs" mobile PC a reality. While it is true this is causing stagnation for processing power but who cares, consoles are already bottlenecking us anyway.

Nope. Can't think of any other troubles right now. Sorry. :D
            Last edited by Prequel; 01-28-2015, 05:02 AM.

Comment

I was just being dramatic, do you really have nothing more to suggest? xD

It's 3.51GHz with 2.40B BTW (which is ~31.7%). Will try tRD 8, but...^ ;)
              You said 5MHz more for 450, simple math 450 - 5 = 445, 445 x 8 = 3.56.
              You are hiding things from me so I had assume.

Yes it is good but I mostly already used it @3.2. Still good, especially with being able to do it with 8GB but hoped to get 3.6-3.8.
              Maybe you can, question is do you want to risk it?
              My P45-UD3LR setup just died, I have no idea why I need to take it apart...

Will it not bottleneck if, say, I get a 4GB GTX760? Also do you think my system RAM speed is bottlenecking me on games? (But I guess it won't matter if I upgrade to 4GB VRAM?)
              Very little I know about GPUs, I am the proud owner of Radeon HD 4770.
              It is difficult to say, new games are made for new CPUs with new instruction sets that may be way faster when optimized, also RAM bandwidth is over double.
              See the differences between old LinX, the AVX version, and latest with FMA3 ( I'm not gonna try this again).
              [email protected]

BTW I have a vibration noise caused by rotation on my back 14CM fan, it sounds like it can easily be get rid of but I don't know how. When I press it with my hand on the center it goes away and in a few seconds it starts doing it. What can cause this? I have rubber screws I can use but I don't think it's coming from there. It is an original case fan BTW, not my work.
              Maybe if you connect it through the resistor you had for CPU, it will slow it down but if your temps still good then no problem right?

Do you think I should OC my 560Ti Hawk (which is 950/1900/2100) when max temp is 75c? Will it OC without overvolting?
              Someone else will have to answer that.

Last one, if I get a new SSD, is there any way to use a SATA 3 SSD on SATA 2 MB with SATA 3 MB performance? I heard SATA 3 extenders through PCI-E aren't reliable. (And I need something cheap.)
              Hmmmm, you're on to something, if you manage this you might get a nobel prize for exposing one of the biggest frouds on the planet.

Since we're discussing for 23 pages might as well explain my plan for world dominatio-- I mean my plan for my next rig.
              I was initially interested by mITX systems for a year or two but then I thought if eGPU's can be the key to one rig to rule them all. Then I thought are you stupid? Gaming ultrabooks are waiting for you. Stop overcomplicating things. Now I'm also considering 2in1's but they're too weak to be gaming systems. MS needs to get its sh*t together and put some damn port to Surface Pro 4/5 to turn it into a Crysis (or was it Witcher 3 these days?) slayer. So this is my plan for my next rig --which noone knows when will that happen-- I don't plan on getting another desktop PC so I'll try to get a 760 to make do for a while. ITX's (what was I thinking when I got that HAF 932 monster?) can actually be a nice intermediate but I don't upgrade frequently. And I don't see its use when i'll still be have to carry heavy weight with cables.
              One thing I'm thankful for is Nvidia/Intel's obsession with low power. Not that they're doing it for us but they're slowly making a very portable "one PC for all needs" mobile PC a reality. While it is true this is causing stagnation for processing power but who cares, consoles are already bottlenecking us anyway.

Nope. Can't think of any other troubles right now. Sorry. :D

Comment

You said 5MHz more for 450, simple math 450 - 5 = 445, 445 x 8 = 3.56.
                You are hiding things from me so I had assume.
                Nope.

450-11 = 439. 439*8 = 3.51. :)

About risk... depends on your definition of risk. I want to use this computer daily for a few more years. I still have a lot I don't know about vdroop but I guess you don't think we can manage without going 1.42+. Alright then.

Thank you and @ProfJim so much for helping me through this thread for all of the 24 pages. I couldn't do it without you!

Comment

Still 31.8% OC one click up FSB it'll be 32% :)
                  I think we've exhausted about every other possible option aside RAM refs but I don't believe it's the RAM so no need to bother.
                  Lets hope it will last few more years, and skip few more tick tock cycles.

And you are very welcome, we are here to help as much as we can.

Comment

Hi.

After almost 1 year of use without problems (I haven't really used my PC last 4 months), I bought a GTX 970, now my RAMs are giving me trouble again. When I plugged in the 970, I couldn't boot without resetting Bios to change the settings. With two OCZs, I lowered FSB to 438 and it worked. With all DIMMs it didn't. I set RAMs to 5-5-5-16 and 2.12v and still no use. Also didn't work with 3 DIMMs, or any combination or any combination that includes Kingstons. I also first tried lowering PCIE frequency to 100 and still no use. I also made sure I plugged them fully correctly. Once one Kingston didn't give me beeps, but then IMO it, who knows why, resetted and gave me the beep then (Beeps are about 20 per each boot attempt, if you must know)

How is this really about settings? What could affect the way the PC works besides PCIE frequency is beyond me.

Help me Master Chike, you're my only hope. :p
                    Last edited by Prequel; 01-22-2016, 03:21 PM.

Comment

I really can't help, in fact I am amazed this board boots at all with GTX 970.
                      The Kingston alone won't boot?
                      What is MCH Voltage?
                      For troubleshooting I have bought a PCI diagnostic card, they are cheap on eBay but shipping takes time.

Comment

Just managed to boot with 3 DIMMs all auto (RAM mode Turbo, by default). Without overclock of course. I think this shows a big promise it's possible to boot with 4 DIMMs everything at last ideal settings before my new GPU? If you remember, I couldn't boot with 3 DIMMs before with my old GPU either at first.

Why are you surprised it boots anyway? TDP is lower than my old 560Ti... and PCIE bandwidth of the motherboard is enough. Just because it's such an advanced card?

EDIT: And now managed to boot with 3 DIMMs CPU @ 3.2GHz, RAMs @ 960MHz. Nothing else, no voltages changed from default settings.
                        Last edited by Prequel; 01-24-2016, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X