Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

    Hi there. I wonder how some of you experts, managed to install UEFI BIOS on Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 motherboard. I've tried everything, and always got error "Invalid ROM image" or "bios id mismatch". I've tried also to install the latest version of BIOS from the GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.2 but again got the same bios ID mismatch.


    On this forum I found these two files, which should be for mentioned motherboard.


    GA-Z68AP-D3 - U1a
    rev.2.0 = Z68AP-D3_1.0_U1A


    I've tried to flash bios with q-fash, @BIOS, FLASHSPI / Efiflash and none of it works.


    Is UEFI BIOS on this board stable?

    I desperately want to install uefi bios on that board, because I don't have money for newer one. Please Help
    Last edited by esko1; 02-18-2014, 10:33 AM.

  • #2
    Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

    Originally posted by esko1 View Post
    Hi there. I wonder how some of you experts, managed to install UEFI BIOS on Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 motherboard. I've tried everything, and always got error "Invalid ROM image" or "bios id mismatch". I've tried also to install the latest version of BIOS from the GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.2 but again got the same bios ID mismatch.


    On this forum I found these two files, which should be for mentioned motherboard.


    GA-Z68AP-D3 - U1a
    rev.2.0 = Z68AP-D3_1.0_U1A


    I've tried to flash bios with q-fash, @BIOS, FLASHSPI / Efiflash and none of it works.


    Is UEFI BIOS on this board stable?

    I desperately want to install uefi bios on that board, because I don't have money for newer one. Please Help

    Please Help

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

      You need a bootable USB Stick/floppy and use the flash program that comes with your uefi bios.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

        stasio will know,i forgot how its done think it envolves the flash file included with the bios
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

        http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

        Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

          Originally posted by Performer81 View Post
          You need a bootable USB Stick/floppy and use the flash program that comes with your uefi bios.
          I have tried everything including with bootable usb stick. Allways the same problem. Id missmatch, or invalid image... What to do?

          I have one more big problem. When I put PC to sleep it won't wake up any more. PC turn on but no video on monitor.

          my specs:

          Intel I5-2500
          LC6650gp3
          2x4gb Kingston memory 1333mhz
          samsung SSD Evo 250gb

          PC is not overlocked. Windows 8.1 x64 installed. Is there any fix for sleep/wake problem? Please help
          Last edited by esko1; 02-21-2014, 05:23 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

            GA-Z68AP-D3 - U1a

            Flash in DOS with bootable USB stick included 2 files (in .zip folder...must unzip).

            Type this text....... => FLASHEFI Z68APD3.U1A
            Last edited by stasio; 02-21-2014, 12:16 PM.
            Z490 AORUS Master,
            Z390 AORUS Master
            GA-Z97X
            -SOC Force ,
            Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
            GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
            G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
            @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
            2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
            Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
            XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
            NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
            Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
            Win 10 x64

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

              Originally posted by stasio View Post
              GA-Z68AP-D3 - U1a

              Flash in DOS with bootable USB stick included 2 files (in .zip folder...must unzip).

              Type this text....... => FLASHEFI Z68APD3.U1A
              Never mind. I have managed to flash it to UEFI. The problem was in bios rom file. I have used another I think it was a rom file for z68ap-d3 rev. 2. File name was Z68APD32.Ua9. Everything works ultra fast now. To full boot in less then 10 seconds. But the problem with sleep persist. When I mouse a mouse or press a key on keyboard or press a power button, PC turns on but no video on monitor. I have 2x samsung 24" lcd and one is on linksys DVI kvm swith but I do not think that is a problem. In event viewer there is not any error except critical power after hard reset with the reset button. Vga and chipset drivers are updated. What else could it be? PSU, motherboard maybe? How to determine?

              Sorry for my English I'm from sLOVEenija :)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

                Originally posted by esko1 View Post
                Never mind. I have managed to flash it to UEFI. The problem was in bios rom file. I have used another I think it was a rom file for z68ap-d3 rev. 2. File name was Z68APD32.Ua9. Everything works ultra fast now. To full boot in less then 10 seconds. But the problem with sleep persist. When I mouse a mouse or press a key on keyboard or press a power button, PC turns on but no video on monitor. I have 2x samsung 24" lcd and one is on linksys DVI kvm swith but I do not think that is a problem. In event viewer there is not any error except critical power after hard reset with the reset button. Vga and chipset drivers are updated. What else could it be? PSU, motherboard maybe? How to determine?

                Sorry for my English I'm from sLOVEenija :)
                I still need help. I'm going crazy with that sleep mode.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

                  Originally posted by esko1 View Post
                  I still need help. I'm going crazy with that sleep mode.

                  bump

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

                    Originally posted by esko1 View Post
                    bump
                    Hi. I still need help for sleep mode. Every time I wake computer from sleep, I have to reset it because I get only black screen. Please help

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help !!!!

                      Originally posted by esko1 View Post
                      Hi there. I wonder how some of you experts, managed to install UEFI BIOS on Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 motherboard. I've tried everything, and always got error "Invalid ROM image" or "bios id mismatch". I've tried also to install the latest version of BIOS from the GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.2 but again got the same bios ID mismatch.


                      On this forum I found these two files, which should be for mentioned motherboard.


                      GA-Z68AP-D3 - U1a
                      rev.2.0 = Z68AP-D3_1.0_U1A


                      I've tried to flash bios with q-fash, @BIOS, FLASHSPI / Efiflash and none of it works.

                      Is UEFI BIOS on this board stable?

                      I desperately want to install uefi bios on that board, because I don't have money for newer one. Please Help





                      Hi I am new here cheers peeps.
                      Well I got a ASRock 990FX Extreme9 AM3+ in the mail this past Friday 10/10/2014 and its very fast motherboard.
                      it even installs windows 8 64bit OS fast too.
                      I played around with the bios some I am not overclocking it just keeping it at defualts for speed and using fast boot up.
                      I tweaked the Bios some for Secure boot and was able to use install for secure boot using CD windows 8 64bit disc. I didn't have to use a Flash Stick drive to do it.
                      just unchecked cms and checked in secure boot loaded its secure settings defaults and selected the UEFI DVDrom bruner in bios and boom installed secure features for windows 8 64bit OS.
                      I even checked the system information in control panel and says secure boot on !
                      so you can install secure boot features using DVDRom player just makes sure in bios settings you select the UEFI bios for your DVDRom to post from.
                      and I can even use Ultra fast boot if I chose.
                      but with this board if you have Ultra Fast Boot speed you can't get in to bios unless you shutdown and clear cmos.
                      so I rather keep it at just fast boot speed which is pretty damn fast anyway and its faster then any ASUS mother board I had or tried out.
                      but just wanted to say you can install windows 8 64bit secure features just using DVDRom UEFI...
                      Last edited by SkyHawk; 10-13-2014, 01:25 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

                        Hy,
                        I have same problem,I can not raise multiplier on i5 3470 further than x36.

                        I have z68ap-d3 revision 1 and on official Gigabyte page there is only F8 bios and no UEFI update while the revision 2 has UEFI update.

                        Can I flash UEFI BIOS from revision 2 on revision 1 mbo,I think they are same,I'm just worried it will be bricked if I flash it ?

                        Thanks

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

                          Hi
                          if the version 2 bios is for your motherboard.
                          then I believe it can be updated to it.
                          if you want to make sure contact Gigabyte tech support or their forums support to make sure it won't hurt your motherboard if you use the version 2 bios for it.
                          and also make sure version 2 is really for your motherboard.
                          then download it and reboot and go to cmos bios section and use a usb flash drive to flash the new bios and remember to read your motherboard book on how to flash the bios for it too.
                          so you know your doing it correctly.
                          cause each motherboard is different when flashing bios some times.
                          hope this help out some?

                          P.S.
                          some times some motherboard if your connected to the net when your in CMOS bios section will download the latest new bios updates for it and install it for you.
                          Note: not all motherboards can do this !
                          so just read your motherboards guide book and see if it can or not.
                          if not then you will have to go to Gigabytes website and download it your self.
                          Last edited by SkyHawk; 02-10-2016, 12:33 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

                            Originally posted by SkyHawk View Post
                            Hi
                            if the version 2 bios is for your motherboard.
                            then I believe it can be updated to it.
                            if you want to make sure contact Gigabyte tech support or their forums support to make sure it won't hurt your motherboard if you use the version 2 bios for it.
                            and also make sure version 2 is really for your motherboard.
                            then download it and reboot and go to cmos bios section and use a usb flash drive to flash the new bios and remember to read your motherboard book on how to flash the bios for it too.
                            so you know your doing it correctly.
                            cause each motherboard is different when flashing bios some times.
                            hope this help out some?

                            P.S.
                            some times some motherboard if your connected to the net when your in CMOS bios section will download the latest new bios updates for it and install it for you.
                            Note: not all motherboards can do this !
                            so just read your motherboards guide book and see if it can or not.
                            if not then you will have to go to Gigabytes website and download it your self.

                            No,my motherboard is revision 1 and UEFI BIOS update and unlocked multiplier is only for revision 2 so I wondered can I flash somehow UEFI BIOS update from revision 2 on revision 1,everything will.

                            I have read it all and only I want to know can I flash bios,I'm worried it will corrupt my motherboard,but this MBO has dual bios so if one fails second steps in ?

                            I tried with Gigabyte @BIOS app for updating bios from windows but it says I have newest BIOS.

                            I opened thread on official GB forums and I'm waiting for answer,but I think as forum member who started this thread he flashed sucesfully bios from revision 2 on revision 1 so I think I can also ?

                            Thanks

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

                              Originally posted by stasio View Post
                              GA-Z68AP-D3 - U1a

                              Flash in DOS with bootable USB stick included 2 files (in .zip folder...must unzip).

                              Type this text....... => FLASHEFI Z68APD3.U1A
                              i can,t flash the uefi bios due to id error in q flash
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	20180619_002952.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	755197

                              and when i try to flash with dos
                              its display a flash detecting and freeze

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X