GA-Z87X-UD4H USB Issues - Frozen mouse/keyboard + sticking keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z87X-UD4H USB Issues - Frozen mouse/keyboard + sticking keys

I have been having 2 problems with keyboards/mouse on my new Windows 8.1 build. I have been able to replicate this using 2 different USB keyboards (Logitech G15 and Razer BlackWidow).

Problem 1
    Every once in a while, either my keyboard or mouse will stop responding and wont react to key presses or clicks. Will have to either reboot the machine or unplug and replug in the particular device.

Problem 2
    Sometimes when I am typing, a key will get "stuck" and type out several times on the screen. So for example, if I was typing the word update, it might look like this.

updattttttttttttttttttttttte

At first I thought it was the keyboard, but since I have switched and just had it happen on the new keyboard.

I have also switched USB ports on my mobo and that didnt seem to help it.

I am using the default Windows drivers as well for the keyboard and mouse.

My BIOS version is F7.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Re: GA-Z87X-UD4H USB Issues - Frozen mouse/keyboard + sticking keys

tried latest beta bios?

GA-Z87X-UD4H - F8b Z87XUD4H.8b

are there dedicated usb ports for the mouse/kb near to the lan port? that's what its like on z77 don't know if z87 is the same
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      tried latest beta bios?

GA-Z87X-UD4H - F8b Z87XUD4H.8b

are there dedicated usb ports for the mouse/kb near to the lan port? that's what its like on z77 don't know if z87 is the same
      I have yet to try the latest beta bios, always been weary of flashing bios but might have to give it a shot.

And I am not sure, I will have to look in the manual about that.
      Update: Looked though the manual and wasnt able to find anything about dedicated usb ports for mouse/keyboard.
      Last edited by monsterenergy22; 12-07-2013, 02:01 PM.

Comment

on mine theres a sticker on the metal usb ports stating kb/mouse but yours might be different
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
          on mine theres a sticker on the metal usb ports stating kb/mouse but yours might be different
          Mhmm, doesnt look like I have that.

Will try a bios flash and will post back the results.

Comment

If you don't use any USB 3.0 devices, try to do this in your bios:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20131208_151125.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	754042

Comment

Originally posted by lenix View Post
              If you don't use any USB 3.0 devices, try to do this in your bios:
              [ATTACH]6410[/ATTACH]
              I didn't have the USB 3.0 support option but I disabled everything else. Will post back in a few days to see if it helps.

Thanks!

Comment

Did the bios options help?

Comment

USB Keyboard/Mouse compatibility ha been improving since bios F6a. Although the USB ports on the back have no Mouse/KB dedication, they are all individually ESD protected. I don't see why any of them shouldn't work for you if the Renesas controller is working as it should for the ports.
                  I had initial problems with my logitech wireless mouse/kb but it was resolved by F6e bios release. my board is revision 1.0 anyway.
                  I have several devices plugged into my rear USB ports such that a problem like this may cause me to just RMA the board if the issue is hardware.
                  You could install KB/mouse drivers for win8.1 as well if there are any. I run Windows 7, win 8.1 has too many driver compatibility issues at the moment for me. Only time I had mouse and keyboard fail was coming out of deep sleep mode. Sometimes have to replug my wireless usb stick too.
                  Last edited by TicTacToe; 12-18-2013, 01:11 PM.
                  i7 8700k - z370 Asus Rog maximus 10 hero(wifi) (soho)
                  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB
                  Corsair PSU, 1
                  080Ti EVGA
                  960 Samsung Evo , 2 WD Black Storage.
                  Builds - Z97x-Gaming 7(media center) . Gigabyte x399 - Gaming 7 Threadripper 1950x (workstation)

Comment

I havent had this problem at all since disabling USB 3.0 in the BIOS.

Comment

Im running the same board and windows 7 bios F8d my keys sometimes stick too. Also if i enter bios for whatever reason if have to disconnect all usb devices otherwise it wont boot into windows it just hangs at the splash screen.

Comment

Originally posted by scracy View Post
                        Im running the same board and windows 7 bios F8d my keys sometimes stick too. Also if i enter bios for whatever reason if have to disconnect all usb devices otherwise it wont boot into windows it just hangs at the splash screen.
                        Mhmm. Seems like Gigabyte has some issues they need to fix

Comment

Originally posted by monsterenergy22 View Post
                          I havent had this problem at all since disabling USB 3.0 in the BIOS.
                          Which bios version did you install in order to see usb 3.0 setting in the bios?
                          I tried with F5 stock, F7, and F8
                          Did you have F8C?

I have a similiar issue with the usb2/3, whichever slot I put the mouse and keyboard they will freeze at the login screen when starting the computer for 20sec+ and then work great without any interuption.

Have you installed the Intel USB 3.0 Driver from gigabyte? Maybe I should uninstall it?

I tried with an Ps/2 keyboard and it doesnt get stuck at the login screen so it seems to be the usb problem since I tried to reinstall windows, switch ram, switch sdd cables.

Comment

I think there are two ''bad'' batches from this board...
                            I saw some people has issues with usb devices,especially with usb 3.0 external drives,others has issues with old ssd's. I experienced some odd behaviours with a pair of CORSAIR ssds based on SF 2281 and 1600 LSI ancient controller - random detection at boot and/or drive dissapear form system and had to hard reset/unplug-replug the sata cable in order to get my dives back.. Until a day when i decided to sell my ssds and get a new SAMSUNG EVO wich is very stable now and no issues at all since than... I read a lot of feedback from users that had issues like mine with this mobo and old ssd drives and the only way to resolve this problem is the buying of a new ssd with other controller than old LSI SF.
                            I'm on latest official F8 bios now flashed thru @BIOS utility (awesome feature!) and so far so good!

Comment

The other weird thing that i experience with bios for this board is the resolution toggle,in bios F8b it gives me the high resolution option and also with F8d but the final release version F8 high resolution toggle option doesn't work,tells me my configuration is wrong for this function,yet i haven't changed anything?

Comment

Working...
                              X