Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Z87x-ud5h hdd led

Originally posted by LeeBos View Post
    You have several choices, call Gigabyte support, (number in user manual), submit an RMA request on Gigabytes support site, or email [email protected] and see it they can email the firmware update and instructions as they did for me. Phone support didn't seem to be aware of the problem or may not have wanted to send what could be difficult for the average user to do. I have over 22 years experience building PC's so I guess they took that into consideration. Flashing firmware, as well as BIOS, (which is easier), has the potential to brick the motherboard and possibly void your warranty.

I'm not sure if I should try to attach it here as I don't want to be responsable for bricking someone's board. The update requires a DOS bootable USB flash drive.
    ok ty
    Last edited by Topp44; 11-21-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure if I should try to attach it here as I don't want to be responsable for bricking someone's board. The update requires a DOS bootable USB flash drive.
      Sure, why not, please attach this file here, who is the problem, make a usb boot stick easy with Rufus-Create bootable USB drives, any flashes on its own responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus67 View Post
        Sure, why not, please attach this file here, who is the problem, make a usb boot stick easy with Rufus-Create bootable USB drives, any flashes on its own responsibility.
        Unfortunately the zip file is too large to upload to this forum, says limit is 150KB, and the file is 1.04 MB. But knowing that Gigabyte has a fix that you can apply yourself and save the 2 week plus turn around time you may be able to convince them to send it to you. Or I can email it if you send me a PM with your email address and are willing to take the responsibility.

The board I sent in on 11/12/13 and received by Gigabyte on 11/19/13 says "Repaired and waiting for shipping". It only takes minutes to do it yourself.

Comment

OK, i send you a PM with my email address, thank you for the patch.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus67 View Post
            OK, i send you a PM with my email address, thank you for the patch.
            Sent yesterday.

Comment

Sent yesterday.

Hello Dude, Have the same mobo with the same problem, please you can sand file and procedures to my e-mail?

I requesting support by [email protected] but i not have successful :(

my e-mail

Thanks in advance.

Barrigs =)
              Last edited by barrigs; 11-27-2013, 10:20 AM.

Comment

You guys should probably send your requests via PM, unless you want everyone to know your email.......just saying.
                BTW if you are insistent with Newegg Gigabyte support they will send you the patch.
                Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
                Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
                PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
                Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
                Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
                HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
                SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Hi, I'm sorry about that I Am new in this forum.

I will send PM to user that made this procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Barriga =)

Comment

Originally posted by barrigs View Post
                    Hi, I'm sorry about that I Am new in this forum.

I will send PM to user that made this procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Barriga =)
                    No problem.....I didn't know if you wanted everyone to see your email.
                    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
                    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
                    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
                    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
                    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
                    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
                    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

I've got this issue cleared by Gigabyte themself using the support ticket. They e-mailed me with a procedure do resolve this issue (marvel controller firmware updater).I'm also having random BSODs but that's not the point, but maybe this issue could be related somehow.

Comment

Sent yesterday.
                        Hi LeeBos,

sorry for the late reply, flashing this Marvell Chip successfully, LED Bug is resolved, thanks.

Comment

Hi,

I have had the same problem with my UD5H motherboard.

Have tried almost all the BIOS updates there are, different versions of Windows, hardware config etc.
                          I've sent a PM to 'LeeBos' hoping to get the firmware patch for the Marvell controller.

It's a great board, but the always on LED is annoying.

Hope to report back with good news, when/if I can get a copy of the firmware patch.

If anyone else has a copy please PM me for email address.
                          Will much appreciated!

Cheers

Comment

Just did the Firmware Patch exactly as explained by LeeBos. Worked brilliantly!

Had to create an USB bootable flash drive first, using this Guide from vistax64.com or this Guide from sevenforums.com, then just paste the file content onto the flash drive and restart. Entered into Boot options, F12 on the UD5H Motherboard, and selected my USB drive...
                            Couple of seconds later after typing Go, it was all flashed and came out excellent. No more annoying always-on HDD LED.
                            Amazing how such a small patch can make such a big difference.

If it's OK with LeeBos and 'The Admins' of the TT Community, I think this should be made available under the: Latest Overclocking Programs, System Info, Benchmarking, & Stability Tools section of this board under 'Gigabyte Utilities' > 'Intel Series 8' list as it's a Marvell Firmware Flash file and not a driver or utility that is Gigabyte/Intel specific. Only to the Z87X-UD5H motherboard with the buggy Marvell GSATA controller.

This will then enable others who have the same problem with their boards to solve their issue too. Completely at their own risk of course, as we all by now should know the cations associated with flashing Firmware and BIOS'es.

I can upload the file to an online filesharing service for access by anyone for free, all you will need is the link to where it's hosted.
                            I'll wait to hear back from LeeBos first as he took the time and effort to investigate the problem and went through the properer channels to obtain this fix.

Other than that, I'm really excited and relieved now!

Thanks a lot LeeBos!

Appreciate it,

Cheers

Comment

Hi All,

Would just like to say thanks to 'LeeBos' again for the file, it worked 100% as per his instructions.

Also, I uploaded it to a free online filesharing service if anyone else is interested in getting it for their Z87X-UD5H Motherboards as well, it includes the USB Boot utility and the Firmware Flash files.
                              The links are:

File 1:

File Name: 9230_NB_Auto.zip
                              Description: Marvell Flash Tool
                              File Size: 1 MB
                              Download Link: 9230_NB_Auto.zip

File 2:

File Name: HPUSBformattool.zip
                              Description: USB Boot Utility
                              File Size: 369.3 KB
                              Download Link: HPUSBformattool.zip

File 3:

File Name: win98boot.zip
                              Description: USB Boot Files
                              File Size: 669.4 KB
                              Download Link: win98boot.zip

To download the files, simply click on the download links.

Being a free online filesharing service, the links have a time limit of 30 days without any activity before they expire. So if someone downloads a file after 20 days from now, it will be active for another 30 days and so on.
                              If the MODS or ADMINS of TT would like to permanently include these files for future use I suggest they use their service to host these files for people to use after they become inactive.

Best of luck to all those suffering with this UD5H always on HDD LED issue, but as always, flash at your own risk, no one on this Forum or individuals will be liable if you carry out the process incorrectly.

Best of Luck

Comment

Originally posted by uiane View Post
                                I've got this issue cleared by Gigabyte themself using the support ticket. They e-mailed me with a procedure do resolve this issue (marvel controller firmware updater).I'm also having random BSODs but that's not the point, but maybe this issue could be related somehow.
                                Hi uiane,

I had the same BSOD issues as you before this Marvell bug, but managed to resolve it.

I don't know what processor Core you a running but I'm running the i7 4770K. In BIOS you need to disable all 'C state' power features of the processor. C1, C3, C6, C7, EIST. Also disable power saving profile in Windows, especially regarding the USB ports/controllers. Yes, you do consume a bit more power, but at least it will run stable.

Apparently Haswell needs a "compatible" PSU for the C-State power saving features to work. That's crap as I have the latest and quite decent 1000W PSU that says Haswell compatible and I get BSOD's whenever I enable the C-States.

Fiddle around with your C-States, some might work but I think C6/C7 are the more problematic ones.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X