Internal Graphic Memory Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal Graphic Memory Size

I'm currently using the Gigabyte z77x-up4th motherboard v1.0 with an Msi gtx670 PE video card. I was wanting to know the correct Internal Graphic Memory Size. The default setting in the BIOS is 64m. Right now I have mine set to 1024m which maybe too high. Does that sound about right for this particular video card? I'm using the Display Port output on my video card with a 2560x1440 res.

Re: Internal Graphic Memory Size

Wooh !! that much resolution over motherboard GPU it's not major yet but you need a descent GPU to handle that kind of resolution sooner or later it'll affect your board performance.
    Last edited by jasonorland88; 09-24-2013, 10:14 AM.
    "If you don't have it. Don't hit it"

Comment

Internal Graphic Memory Size is for the Gpu on the intel cpu. It has noting to do with your Msi gtx670 PE video card. If your using a Msi gtx670 PE video card and it port you don't not need the Internal Graphic Memory you can set that at 64mb.

Comment

Originally posted by shazam View Post
        Internal Graphic Memory Size is for the Gpu on the intel cpu. It has noting to do with your Msi gtx670 PE video card. If your using a Msi gtx670 PE video card and it port you don't not need the Internal Graphic Memory you can set that at 64mb.
        x2, if you can set the IGPU memory to nothing since you are using an external graphics card.

Vin
        Main Rig
        OS = Win10-64Bit
        CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
        Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
        MB = Asus ROG C6H
        GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
        HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
        PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
        Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
        OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
        CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
        Mem = 24GB RAM
        MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
        GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
        HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
        Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
        PSU = Corsair TX750
        Case = Define R5

Comment

Working...
        X