Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need expert help otherwise i am going to throw this motherboard out the window _ Gigabyte z87oc graphics cards issues crossfire issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need expert help otherwise i am going to throw this motherboard out the window _ Gigabyte z87oc graphics cards issues crossfire issues.

ok my issues are this, has to be the bios on the motherboard or the motherboard its self.
    --------------

running X06 bios;

the issues are bandwith related and 116bsod`s on logging in and sometimes my cards are being shown as different pci express speeds cpuz bandwidth test will completely freeze the system up
    one card will be running at 99% the other at 40% or 60% and never at its proper 99%
    sometimes i will boot into windows and get past the logining in 116bsod to find that one of my cards is running at 99% all on its own, its roasting when i touch the gpu cooler
    sometimes it will boot up and crash at various spots due to the cards not being detected properly.... always bsod116 card could not reset - also in cpuz bandwidth test 1 card will be running at pce ex 3.0 16x @ pci express 3.0 8x
    and the other will be running at pci express 3.0 16x @ pci express 2.0 8x, lots of confusing stuff going on and im sure for defo that its a bios issue....

now i have done the following tests.

removed both cards
    put one card in top most slot then tested in windows, and everything is fine no issues, run 3 heaven benches and gpuz bandwidth test : pci express 3.0 16x @ pci express 3.0 16x
    then i pulled it out and tested the other card, again no issues
    then i pulled out that card and put it in the 3rd slot, again no issues everything works fine
    then i pulled out that card and put the other in the 3rd slot again no issues everything works.

so thats me ruled out the cards
    and ruled out the possibility of a faulty pci express slot.
    so then i though what the hell and downgraded the bios to X02...
    and what do you know everything is working again as it should cards are being detected, though there is something still going on, cant really pinpoint it but if they take a look at the X04 and compair the changes with X02 with pci express detection they might see something but so far using X02 everything is working

i just dont understand what they have done to X04 bios cause these above issues will probably be there in X05 and i would hate that.
    whats your thoughts guys cause i dunno whats going on with graphics cards and getting there proper detection. as something is screwy.

------------------------------

My system configuration :

7950 slot 1 orange
    7950 slot 3 orange
    Creative ZXR sound card slot 4 orange
    -------------------------------

really need some help with this as X02 is fine at the minute but something makes me think its just a little more stable than the Crash fest X04.

Re: I need expert help otherwise i am going to throw this motherboard out the window _ Gigabyte z87oc graphics cards issues crossfire issues.

BlueScreenView will show what crashed and/or caused your crash. Without the minidump, there's no telling how/why it happened.

Comment

Zippyshare.com - 091413-32807-01.dmp

maybe you will have better luck on what the cause is but im fairly sure its the motherboard bios....
      Last edited by ViRuS2k; 09-15-2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Re: I need expert help otherwise i am going to throw this motherboard out the window _ Gigabyte z87oc graphics cards issues crossfire issues.

Try reinstalling your DirectX drivers from here. That should get you fixed up.

If you'd like to check all of your computer's drivers at once to see if they're up to date, you can do a web scan from DriverAgent here. It will need to install a little plug-in to be able to read all devices and driver versions. It's been a great and simple site for me to be able to keep everything up to date.
        Last edited by MacG32; 09-15-2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Hi mate i have pretty much the latest drivers installed, as for DX redist, i already installed that a few times.
          could it be the same issue that NVIDIA was having with PCI express 3.0 GEN ? : issues they where having was : EDIT: If you guy's have i7 3930k Revision C1 don't even bother enabling this in your system you will encounter crashes, weird slowdowns, and even texture glitches or corruption as well as the infamous "TDR"

Seems very familiar to what im getting, i wonder if our boards have PCI gen 3.0 issues.... ? ? then again i have not tried PCI express gen 2 always had it on auto or 3...
          any reports on the gigabyte oc board having pci express 3.0 stability and optimization issues ? hmmm

Comment

You can check if your PCI-E is actually at 3.0 with GPU-Z.

Here's something I ran in to when I tested out F4b for my board. Since Ivy-E supports PCI-E 3.0, the BIOS enabled it. This changed caused my video card's configuration to change and I had to re-enable SLI again when booting again. I was using Nvidia's registry hack before that to enable PCI-E 3.0, like I am now. When configurations change that drastically, normally you need to reinstall your drivers, then DirectX.

This thread seems to fit the help you need. I've seen it solved with as little as using "bcdedit /set useplatformclock true" all the way up to a RMA of the video card.

Have you tried either of these two BIOS'? They may contain the updates needed to be stable.

GA-Z87X-OC BIOS X04 mod (Special LN2)
            Modified with :
            Intel RAID for SATA 12.7.0.1936
            Intel EFI SataDriver 12.7.0.1936
            Intel Boot Agent GE 1.5.04 to 1.5.40
            Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS 2.1.77
            Intel GOPdriver 5.0.1033 to 5.0.1034
            Intel Haswell Microcode (06C3) 07 to 12
            Modified splash logo

GA-Z87X-OC BIOS F7a mod
            Modified with :
            Intel RAID for SATA 12.7.0.1936
            Intel EFI SataDriver 12.7.0.1936
            Intel Boot Agent GE 1.5.04 to 1.5.40
            Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS 2.1.77
            Intel GOPdriver 5.0.1033 to 5.0.1034
            Intel Haswell Microcode (06C3) 07 to 12
            Modified splash logo
            Last edited by MacG32; 09-15-2013, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Yeah mate i have tested those bios`s and they are the worst of the worst when it comes to optimization and compatibility with pci express ect.... X04 is based off F7a as they have similar same issues.
              X02 is based off official F6 and those are the most stable and working bios`s to date. even the card issues are almost 100% sorted with this bios but still there are slight issues and require more optimization....

--------------------------------

i will test changing in bios to PCI gen 2 and yes GPUZ shows pci gen 3 enabled cause i have PCI gen 3 cards and PCI gen 3 motherboard/cpu.

but there is still something dodgy about PCI gen and its optimizations, should just work but the cards seem to be fighting themselfs when in pci gen 3 with x04..

Comment

Originally posted by ViRuS2k View Post
                Yeah mate i have tested those bios`s and they are the worst of the worst when it comes to optimization and compatibility with pci express ect.... X04 is based off F7a as they have similar same issues.
                X02 is based off official F6 and those are the most stable and working bios`s to date. even the card issues are almost 100% sorted with this bios but still there are slight issues and require more optimization....

--------------------------------

i will test changing in bios to PCI gen 2 and yes GPUZ shows pci gen 3 enabled cause i have PCI gen 3 cards and PCI gen 3 motherboard/cpu.

but there is still something dodgy about PCI gen and its optimizations, should just work but the cards seem to be fighting themselfs when in pci gen 3 with x04..
                I know that both Nvidia and AMD have shaky drivers out right now. Hopefully they'll both get them straight soon. I know the feeling about using the latest BIOS'. They're coming across really unoptimized lately, with more bugs than fixes. I know AMD and Nvidia have both released burn up drivers in the recent past. Maybe GB is in the same boat...lol Good luck man.

Comment

haha well im trying :D thanks for the help so far, i will report back if PCI GEN 2 fixes the issues.

Comment

I was having the same issues with BSOD(116) on login. I'm running 7970's and the latest Catalyst beta. I fixed it by disabling all cpu power management features(c states, eist etc).

Comment

Originally posted by warbucks View Post
                      I was having the same issues with BSOD(116) on login. I'm running 7970's and the latest Catalyst beta. I fixed it by disabling all cpu power management features(c states, eist etc).
                      Did you alter the Windows power modes and configs or were all those already cranked up? Just wondering if it was strictly BIOS or BIOS + Windows power settings.

Comment

Originally posted by CharliesTheMan View Post
                        Did you alter the Windows power modes and configs or were all those already cranked up? Just wondering if it was strictly BIOS or BIOS + Windows power settings.
                        I changed my power options in windows a long time ago, but only recently turned everything off in the bios to alleviate this issue. My power options in windows are that of a power user.

Comment

Working...
                        X