Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-Z87X-UD4H - RAID 0 Assistance

Originally posted by parsec View Post
    We overlooked the obvious situation here, Windows was installed with multiple drives active on the PC. So who knows where the MBR was, since Windows will put it on a drive other than the OS drive when multiple drives are available during a Windows installation. It sounds like the MBR was on the RAID array, and apparently on the SSD too, and when the RAID array wasn't created, the MBR on the SSD was used, and when the RAID array was created, it used the MBR there.

GPT formatting in Windows includes an MBR partition, a safety feature according to MS. GPT formatting should not cause any problems installing Windows, I have several PCs with GPT formatted OS disks which work fine. Whether MBR or GPT formatted, Windows will still put the boot partition on another drive during the installation if possible, a very annoying "feature" that does not benefit the user at all.
    Interesting, thanks for the info. I could see where that would be a problem. I swear I unplugged everything when I installed Windows since it worked before the RAID array was created but maybe I'm loosing it. Lol

Comment

Working...
    X