GA-Z87X-UD5H random crash / reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-Z87X-UD5H random crash / reboot

I checked tried 99.99 and 100.01MHz but still no go. I ended up disabling XMP and that fixed it. I have g.skill sniper 8gb 1866 ram which worked flawlessly on my Z77 UD5H using XMP. Why can't I use them at the appropriate speed now on my Z87 board. Can I expect a bio update to fix this? I'm running F7. My ram is on the compatibility list. Hopefully this gets resolved, at least I found the issue.

Comment

Any updates on this?

System crashes when XMP is enabled (often).
      Also crashes randomly every 2 weeks or so when XMP is disabled.
      I have read many articles of the boards not liking 32GB of ram.
      I have Corsair CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10 which was listed on their memory support list.

I sent a letter to Gigabyte support in which their reply was that the controller is made by Intel.

Comment

Originally posted by NGL_BrSH View Post
        Yeah, I thought of that. It's on the list as Haswell supported because it's DC/DC.

Something else has recently come up freshly. My 760GTX has started crashing and recovering randomly. Probably unrelated but figured i'd through it in the list of broken stuff. Since disabling all my down-clocking features I've been stable processor wise as far as I know.

I think it's really weird I had to turn those items off for bone stock setting to work though. There must be something I'm missing.
        I have the same problem with the Z87X-UD5H, F7 BIOS, GV-N760OC-2GD, Windows 8.1, and the latest drivers from Nvidia (currently using 331.82). Hope a fix is coming soon.

Comment

I have this board with i4770k and GTX770 and had a lot of stability issues in all OS's. I finally have mine running stable after going to bios F8d, disabling C6/7 states, then doing the performance +20% auto overclock. I have been running at 4.2Ghz for about two weeks now without any issues in all three OS's (Windows 8.1/Linux/and OSX)
          I think the 20% overclock does something to the power settings that caused it to become stable.

Comment

Working...
          X