Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: X58A-UD3R - Bent Cpu Pins?

Hey Kev,
    In regards to a soundcard, I am using the Asus Xonar DG with the same board as you. This is what I did--Disabled on board sound in bios ( Integrated Peripherals--Azalia Codec ), I then installed sound card driver per manufacturer directions ( used most recent driver off the mfg web site ). I did have problems getting the driver installed and ended up going into "Safe Mode" to install the driver and this worked fine.
    see ya--rclark

Comment

it all started back last year iv always gone with onboard sound but someone talked me round lol I had the xoner dx and if it was installed then any game would simply crash the system I could even hear the realeys on that card switch off then I swapped that for this xfi and I now get the same problem but if the system isn't o/c at all then all works fine

EDIT
      another thing that happens when I o/c is I have a tv freeview card in the only PCI slot this board has, with no o/c the tv works fine but when I o/c the tv jumps all the time, I don't know if the sound card and tv card problems are related but its like to me when the system is overclocked it looses power it sends to the PCI slot and other PCI-E slots iv tried the sound card in the little white slote PCI-E 1 AND THE BOTTOM pci-e 8x slots and its the same either way
      Last edited by kev8792; 06-23-2013, 12:49 PM.
      Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Rev (1.0) F6 Bios
      Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 1.216v 191x21..........4.2 1.280v 200x21
      Patriot Viper 12gb 6x 2gb @ 1596mhz 8, 8, 8, 8, 24, 1.660v
      Corsair H100i
      PNY Nvidia GTX 660ti @ 1254.2mhz CORE/ 1728.0mhz Memory 1.2120v Arctic Cooler 58c max
      Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
      Crucial M4 x2 128gb raid0
      Samsung F3 x4 500gb
      Samsung DVD RW 22x SATA
      Antec Eleven Hundread 1100 (case)
      Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775w
      Monitor LG E2441 24" HD
      Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit with media center

Comment

I just had a very similar problem with my GA-X58A-UD7 [ver. 1] board. I upgraded the processor and the memory [unchanged] suddenly had only 15 of the 24 GB usable. I tried everything in BIOS and even loosened the cooler....finally, I purchased jeweler's glasses and looked at the 1366 tiny pins on the socket. ONE was slightly out of line. It isn't easy to move one without moving those next to it...but I finally managed to get it straight. With my heart in my mouth I put it all back together and turned it on.....all the memory was recognized! Only took several weeks of to figure it out and solve it. I must have tried several hundred BIOS changes. Be VERY careful with removing and inserting a cpu with a 1366 socket...those pins are very sensitive!
        Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 v.1 [F9d Bios] with i7-990X
        Lian Li PC-B-25F Case
        Be Quiet BQT P7-Pro 750W
        Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X 1GB DDR5
        Corsair XMS-3 24GB 2000 CL 9-9-9-24
        Noctua NH D-14
        6 TB SATA II storage; 12 TB SATA III AF
        3 24" LCD screens w/Eyefinity, 9 Multi-Desktops

Comment

Working...
        X