Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SATA on SAS ports causing headaches

Hi,

I am struggling to get my GA-x79s-up5-wifi up and running. If I don't connect any drives to the SAS ports it is fine but as soon as I connect one the boot time goes from seconds to about 10 minutes. Also, when a SATA drive is connected to a SAS port the device manager is slow to open and mmc.exe crashes every time I close it.

I'm assuming that because because I can't find anyone having the same issue I must be missing something obvious but I just can't work it out and after two days of trying to get this thing up and running I'm starting to lose the will to live.

Has anyone else had any issues like this or can anyone think what I might be missing?

Thanks

Flo

Re: SATA on SAS ports causing headaches

you'll get more help is you state your specs/hardware.... what drives are you using and in what plugs? what OS? Power Supply? etc...

SAS is a different beast than SATA, plugs can look the same but it's really up to the controller on how well it will play together... let us know what hardware you are using and we can go from there.

Vin
    Main Rig
    OS = Win10-64Bit
    CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
    Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
    MB = Asus ROG C6H
    GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
    HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
    Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
    OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
    CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
    Mem = 24GB RAM
    MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
    GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
    HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
    Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
    PSU = Corsair TX750
    Case = Define R5

Comment

Working...
    X