Resolve video output conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolve video output conflict

I have a new build... 3570K on Z77X-UD5H + Gig. 660ti GPU.

Have 3-monitors running out of Matrox TH2G with input from the 660ti GPU DVI Output #1.

I would like to utilize the Z77X On-Board VGA output to run a 4th monitor (7" VGA Touchscreen)

Can I run both the GPU PCIE slot and On-Board Graphics at the same time ?

I tried a DVI to VGA adapter out of the Gig. 660ti, but can't get a VGA signal like I used to on an older 5800 GPU.

Rick / Canada

Re: Resolve video output conflict

Originally posted by proJim
    We can best help you after you create a detailed hardware list in the System Specs portion of your
    forum profile http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile.php?do=editprofile at the bottom of the
    profile page or in your forum signature http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile....=editsignature.
    Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.

Done...

Comment

reason you cannot use the 2nd DVI port is because it is a DVI-D. it only has a digital signal no analogs which are required for the DVI to VGA adapter.

To use the OB graphics, you just need to make sure that the iGFX is not disabled in the bios, as long as it is not, you should see it as a "Intel HD4000" device under "video adapters" in the device manager. and all you need is to plug in a monitor to it. and then configure the output in the Video settings.

you may be able to use an HDMI to VGA adapter as well from the 660ti.

Vin
      Main Rig
      OS = Win10-64Bit
      CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
      Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
      MB = Asus ROG C6H
      GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
      HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
      PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
      Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
      OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
      CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
      Mem = 24GB RAM
      MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
      GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
      HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
      Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
      PSU = Corsair TX750
      Case = Define R5

Comment

Thanks for the Reply Vin...

But there's two different DVI outputs on the 660ti... DVI-D + DVI-I... one is digital only (DVI-D) while the second is digital + analog (DVI-I).

Shouldn't I be able to get a VGA signal out of the DVI-I output using a DVI-I to VGA adapter ??

or.. should I need to use a Display Port to VGA adapter out of the cards diplay port output ?

Comment

Working...
        X