Gigabyte ga-x79s-up5 USB 3.0 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte ga-x79s-up5 USB 3.0 Issues

Have you tried your xHCI settings in the bios?

XHCI Mode = Disabled
    The on-board USB 3.0 port function like a 2.0 port

XHCI Mode = Enabled
    The on-board USB 3.0 port function like a 3.0 port

XHCI Mode = Auto
    The on-board USB 3.0 port function like a 2.0 port before OS USB 3.0 driver load.
    If you reboot the OS, the on-board USB 3.0 port again function like a 2.0 port during this reboot BIOS phase before OS USB 3.0 driver load.

XHCI Mode = Smart Auto
    The on-board USB 3.0 port function like a 2.0 port before OS USB 3.0 driver load.
    If you reboot the OS, during this reboot BIOS phase, BIOS is "Smart" enough to avoid downgrade the USB 3.0 port back to 2.0 functionality before OS USB 3.0 driver load. So Smart Auto is faster than Auto on 2nd boot onward, but Enabled is fastest once you are sure the OS has the USB 3.0 driver installed, because it avoid the switching. Making the on-board USB 3.0 port function like a 2.0 port is mainly to support OS installation or to support OS that does not have build-in USB 3.0 driver, so that the USB keyboard would still work if the user plug-in a USB keyboard or any other USB devices into the USB 3.0 ports before the OS is installed with the USB 3.0 driver come with the motherboard.
    i7-3930K
    GA-x79-UD3
    Corsair H100
    4x2GB GSkill F3-12800CL6
    X-Fi Titanium HD
    EVGA GTX 970
    Pioneer BDR-207DBK
    Samsung 850 EVO
    3XWD2002FYPS
    Corsair TX850
    Dell U2412M

Comment

Originally posted by aadder View Post
      I'm running F3 bios revision currently. Windows 7 x64 with 64Gigs of memory. I've tried different devices in the USB2.0 they work fine but as soon as I put them in the USB 3.0 ports nothing works. I looked under device manager it shows them as unknown device. I'm wondering if this another bug within the motherboard? I need the USB 3.0 ports to work.

Thanks
      The problem has not been fixed and will need a driver update in the future. You will find that the USB3 at the rear will work with 62GB or less.
      My solution was to install extra USB3 - 2x front + 2x rear. As soon as a driver fix has been released I should find the original 4 rear USB3's will work again.

Comment

Originally posted by jmjones View Post
        I have now reloaded windows and only loaded the via USB 3.0 driver which the manufacturer says is the only driver required for the back USB ports still none of the rear USB ports work anyone else having this problem or got a solution? I have 64gb ram (Gskill) installed and working great so really don't want to pull everything and return the board only to have the same problem with a replacement this seems to be a bios/driver issue as the usb host controller shows up without a driver (saying it doesn't need a driver which is clearly wrong).

Did you find a solution to the back USB 3.0 issue. I am having the same issues, Gigabyte sent me a link to the driver but when installing I get a message can not continue because it does can not find the hardware. Does anyone have a solution yet?

Comment

i have too the some problem, lol, i try everything

Comment

I had similar issues with 2 sets of USB3 ports on a GigaByte MB. Take a look at my question thread from today. Worth a try.. no need for anything but standard MS drivers.

Comment

I was having a problem with my 3.0 usb ports
              I removed the cheap multi card reader and the 3.0 usb ports started working
              I have both drivers installed, VIA & Fresco

Comment

Working...
              X