Intel i5 3570K CPU
    EVGA GeForce 660 GPU
    4x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX RAM
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
    Corsair CX500 power supply
    ASUS DVD read/write drive
    Windows 8 pro 64 bit
    Antec 900 case

Upon completion of the build, I successfully booted the system, installed the OS, downloaded updated drivers for most components and configured the system for about two hours.

After this period, I moved the system to the room where it would be used and hit power. The M_Bios and B_Bios lights flashed alternately and it would not POST, despite having previously worked for two hours.

I have tried disconnecting the video card and running the onboard video, removing all RAM but one DIMM (in all slots), powering down everything, removing mobo battery, waiting an hour and rebooting, resetting the CMOS, and using the switch to try to boot from the second BIOS settings. None of these efforts have worked.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here? I've seen a number of similar complaints on this and other forums, and have tried all the solutions recommended but to no avail.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Flashing BIOS lights on new GA-Z77X-UD3H board - Please help

I would try taking the motherboard out of the case and try powering it up again... sounds to me like something is shorting... fine before you moved it... maybe a loose screw in the case that you didn't notice?

Vin
    Main Rig
    OS = Win10-64Bit
    CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
    Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
    MB = Asus ROG C6H
    GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
    HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
    Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
    OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
    CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
    Mem = 24GB RAM
    MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
    GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
    HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
    Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
    PSU = Corsair TX750
    Case = Define R5

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried pulling the board and running it on top of the mobo box (with and without the GPU, HDD, etc) - same result both ways, M_BIOS and B_BIOS lights still blink and it doesn't POST.

Comment

Checked your CPU socket for bent pins?
        Any visual damage on the board?
        Use only board, CPU,PSU and RAM to enter BIOS,be sure (except board),all components and connections are OK.
        Any buzzer sound,did fans start to spin?

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
          Checked your CPU socket for bent pins?
          Any visual damage on the board?
          Use only board, CPU,PSU and RAM to enter BIOS,be sure (except board),all components and connections are OK.
          Any buzzer sound,did fans start to spin?
          I wasn't able to see any visible damage to the board or any bent pins on the CPU socket. When I attempt to boot with just the motherboard, CPU, one stick of RAM and the PSU (outside of the case to ensure no shorts) the same thing occurs: just the M_Bios and B_Bios lights blinking alternately. I used an anti static wrist strap through both the original construction and diagnostic processes.

All the fans work (4 case fans and CPU heatsink), case fan LEDs work, as do the case fan speed control switches. Also, the whole system was working long enough to install the OS and all drivers. Problem only occurred after I shut down and started up again.

Comment

The best thing will be, if you have some friend with Z77 board,then check your CPU,PSU and memory there.
            If all ok,it's mean you must RMA your board.

Btw,
            how you configure the system before off PC?

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
              The best thing will be, if you have some friend with Z77 board,then check your CPU,PSU and memory there.
              If all ok,it's mean you must RMA your board.

Btw,
              how you configure the system before off PC?
              Unfortunately I don't know anyone close by from whom I could borrow any of those components. I do have a replacement motherboard on the way and have ordered a new PSU to test as well - what's the likelihood that the issue is a processor failure?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean about how I configured the system before shutoff, but all I did was install the updated NVIDA and Razer drivers, downloaded a couple of games and then powered down the system through Windows.

Comment

Working...
              X