GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 rev. 1.0 BIOS Rollback failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 rev. 1.0 BIOS Rollback failure

I took some advice (shouldn't have) of a different forum that in order to play a certain game (Portal 2) I should rollback my BIOS to the first release. That was the dumbest thing I ever did... wow...

Anyway, now my motherboard will not even POST, and I can't access the Q-Flash utility, or even the Failsafe Defaults in the BIOS menu.

Is there a way to manually force the DualBIOS (which the board has) to kick in? My mobo's manual said it should do it automatically after a failed POST and Reboot, but it hasn't worked.

I read somewhere that you can short two pins of your Main BIOS chip, but the post-er said that it was a last resort. I'd like to know what else there might be that I can do.

This is stressing me out, since I just got this build working wonderfully in January...

Any help that anyone might be able to provide me would be greatly appreciated.

I have:
    CPU: AMD FX-6100
    GPU: Radeon HD 7450
    Sufficient RAM (in other words, I know it isn't the RAM that's causing the issue)
    620W Seasonic PSU

-C7

Re: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 rev. 1.0 BIOS Rollback failure

look at your CPU Supported list for your Motherboard, would you happen to have any of the CPU's listed to work with the F1 bios? if so, pop it in, if not try to borrow one to get your system to post and then update your bios to the newest bios (Or at least greater than F3). second resort would be to try a local computer shop, they should have a spare CPU in the right family, they'll charge you for the service but should be a sure thing.

then failing those then I'd perform the Dual Bios recovery from this post; http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ng-failed.html

reason it's a last resort is if you slip you'll blow your motherboard and possibly also lose the warranty too. if you have steady hands then it's worth a try.

what forum would suggest going back to the 1st release of a MB Bios?

Vin
    Main Rig
    OS = Win10-64Bit
    CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
    Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
    MB = Asus ROG C6H
    GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
    HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
    Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
    OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
    CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
    Mem = 24GB RAM
    MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
    GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
    HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
    Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
    PSU = Corsair TX750
    Case = Define R5

Comment

Working...
    X