Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H possible problems with USB ports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H possible problems with USB ports?

Originally posted by virtualfred View Post
    Hi, are you really using F7 BIOS ? Lastest are F20b or F20b modded
    Nope, F18 :)

Comment

dunno if this is relevant, but i'll let you decide yourselves - the following is pasted from the gigabyte page for this mobo:

"* Due to a Windows 7 limitation, please connect your USB device(s) to the Intel controlled USB port(s) (located below the RJ-45 LAN port) before the VIA USB 3.0 controller driver is installed."

Comment

Originally posted by amaru psyn View Post
        dunno if this is relevant, but i'll let you decide yourselves - the following is pasted from the gigabyte page for this mobo:

"* Due to a Windows 7 limitation, please connect your USB device(s) to the Intel controlled USB port(s) (located below the RJ-45 LAN port) before the VIA USB 3.0 controller driver is installed."

well this applies to OS install only, nothing more...

Comment

Hi all, been having a similar issue and was wondering if there has been any resolution to this issue. Just recently reinstalled Windows, updated my BIOS and loaded the updated Intel driver and am still having problems. I've tried moving my USB equipment to the Intel ports but still seeing some issues. The VIA download site for the 4.3 XHCI driver is super slow, but I'll install that once it's done.

Am I assuming that everyone has resolved their issues? Or has everyone moved onto a new mobo? I may have to if this doesn't do the trick. I rely on a USB wifi adapter and I'm about done wasting time on this.

Thanks!

(first time poster, trying to figure out where to add my HW info to my profile...)

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Sometimes the OP (original poster) doesn't tell us if their problem was solved and they don't update their thread.

If you want to also add your hardware details to your forum signature click on this link: edit forum signature
            Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.
            When you are done editing or creating your hardware list, save the settings.
            Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
            P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
            4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
            MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
            Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
            WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
            Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
            SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
            Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
            Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
            Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
            MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
            Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
            HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
            CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
            E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
            Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
            Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
            HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

What are the brand names and model numbers of your keyboard and mouse?
              How are you connected to the internet? Wi-FI? Network cable to a router? Network switch? A different setup?
              It sounds like using the Intel usb (2.0? 3.0?) ports helps somewhat, but doesn't eliminate your problems.
              Are there any external usb hubs connected to your system? If yes, details.

Please list which "USB equipment" you have moved around and which usb jacks (i.e. the physical location of each usb jack) are used by each of your usb devices.

What specific problems are you having with each usb setup?
              Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
              P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
              4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
              MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
              Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
              WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
              Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
              SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
              Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
              Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
              Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
              MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
              Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
              HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
              CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
              E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
              Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
              Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
              HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

I've been using a generic HP USB keyboard with a Sidewinder 3G mouse. I've swapped out both for generic HP PS2 key and USB mouse. I'm pretty sure that the problem with this stems from my use of a wifi adapter. I'd used a different one in the past, and am now using a Linksys AE1200.

Just now I was working fine for a hour and started playing iTunes, after about a half hour, the system locked up and I got a fast loop on the sound output for 10 seconds, before it started playing normally again. I had mouse cursor on my primary monitor but no OS interaction.

I'm going to check my sound card drivers and make sure that they are the latest indicated on this thread. In addition, I also have 2 additional drives on my system that aren't in my profile: An ST3300620AS and WDC WD10EARS-00Y5B1. The MP3s were playing off of one of these, so I don't know if power issues are at play here or not.

[edit: Both mouse and wifi are plugged into the Intel USB ports at the bottom of the mobo. ]
                Last edited by sprezzatura; 01-06-2014, 08:46 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

could be the wifi adaptor that's the cause,what model wifi did you have before?
                  Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                  Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                  Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                  Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                  1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                  1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                  Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                  Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                  K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                  L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                  Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                  Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Another Linksys model, not sure what it was but I'm pretty sure that I wasn't having these issues before I moved my computer. (Had a kid and converted the office to a nursery. Router is still there but computer is in living room now.)

I just updated the audio drivers earlier this morning. I reformatted the computer over the holiday and was still using the 6.0.01.10800 driver from 09/2012. Now running 6.0.11.300 12/2013 and things have been stable for the past few hours....(knock on wood).

I'm going to see if I can get through the day without an incident then will post update.

Comment

Any kupdates or solutions found to this issue? I've tried everything suggested in this thread, but I'm still experiencing the keyboard and mouse problems with a variety of devices I've tried - and I've seen it happening with USB gamepads as well. I can also confirm that the problem persists even without a USB network adapter - I replaced my USB network adapter with a PCI card, and am still having USB issues. I guess my next solution will be to track down a PS/2 keyboard and mouse.

Comment

there is indeed a hardware problem with USB on z77x ud3h mobos

no matter OS, drivers, bios, too many boards have usb issues

mine:
                        x360 pad only works on intel ports, not on any other port
                        ikari mouse suddenly stop working using some ports
                        wireless keyboard too

you have to try many ports combination in order to get to know which works, but yest, it sucks

i blame via crap ports combined with intel, and off course gigabyte which removed support to the board even in less than a year

Comment

Originally posted by Ghensler View Post
                          Any kupdates or solutions found to this issue? I've tried everything suggested in this thread, but I'm still experiencing the keyboard and mouse problems with a variety of devices I've tried - and I've seen it happening with USB gamepads as well. I can also confirm that the problem persists even without a USB network adapter - I replaced my USB network adapter with a PCI card, and am still having USB issues. I guess my next solution will be to track down a PS/2 keyboard and mouse.
                          The only solution I found is to use the Intel USB3 ports for mouse/keyboard. I still have other stuff plugged into the VIA ports but at least my mouse and keyboard work fine. The USB problems with this board really piss me off and I would love to buy another board without VIA junk in it, but too broke lol. BTW I noticed that Microsoft released an updated driver for the VIA USB3 host controller (seems to have updated automatically for me on 8.1). Now my freezes are a bit less, but still there.

Comment

On Windows 7, the latest USB 3.0 drivers BSOD me, so no go there. PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse work great. I still get issues using the Intel ports, but it's not as bad as with the Via ones. My PS/2 keyboard and mouse combo are ancient though - I'm probably going to try out a USB to PS/2 adapter until I can replace this Gigabyte motherboard, since there doesn't seem to be any other 100% fix to the problem. This was the first Gigabyte board I bought, and I'm not greatly impressed.

Comment

Is there anyone looking into this issue? It seems like there are no certain combinations of hardware that is plugged into the USB ports that creates the issue specifically. What could be causing this? A basic hp keyboard and mouse freezes the entire system and sometimes at boot regardless of the OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Townsend83 View Post
                                Is there anyone looking into this issue? It seems like there are no certain combinations of hardware that is plugged into the USB ports that creates the issue specifically. What could be causing this? A basic hp keyboard and mouse freezes the entire system and sometimes at boot regardless of the OS.
                                I eventually gave up on trying to find a solution - I found people on all sorts of message boards having this problem and went round and round with the incredibly frustrating Gigabyte tech support, but never a surefire 100% solution. I found a combination of ports and devices that are mostly stable through trial and error, and stuck with that until I was able to buy a different board.

Comment

Working...
                                X