Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My computer randomly freezes

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z77X-UD3H

Ya i bought that motherboard and i heard this is the place to go for this type of issues. The issue is my computer suddenly freezes everything is latest updated bios tried everything ram test, even got my other friends ram still freezes. Even tried clearing cmos etc, but the problem keeps happening. So i took it to the computer store i bought it from, it worked for them but they used dvi instead of hdmi and it didnt freeze for them. So i wonder what would be at fault here, i have been trying to fix this for dayz (ya im exited to play that game, mainly the reason i build this).

Re: My computer randomly freezes

if it's a motherboard issue then you will get better help from the Asrock section; ASRock

But when it freezes, what does it do? Reboots? Hard Locks? BSOD (Blue Screen of Death)...

and when does it freeze? doing day to day things or only while gaming?

Have you looked in the in Event Viewer under System and/or Applications to see if there are any entries with a red circle and a white X in it?

Let us know

Vin
    Main Rig
    OS = Win10-64Bit
    CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
    Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
    MB = Asus ROG C6H
    GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
    HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
    Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
    OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
    CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
    Mem = 24GB RAM
    MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
    GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
    HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
    Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
    PSU = Corsair TX750
    Case = Define R5

Comment

Thanks for the reply but this is my friends pc and i helped him built one and he used the gigabyte motherboard . The one under my specs is my build.
      Thanks though

And it just freezes no message freezes everywhere sometimes on boot sometimes on bios,etc you can't use it for basically more than 50 mins without it freezing then it starts even freezing faster. One more thing the motherboard says a0 on its led displays
      Last edited by ndon95; 01-22-2013, 01:28 AM.

Comment

If you want help for your friend's Gigabyte system, add a detailed hardware list in your forum signature and include brand names and model numbers for all of his hardware. To avoid confusion, the first line in your signature should say something like Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H + cpu model name system that is completely unstable: and include the detailed hardware list in your signature. You can speed things up by including screen-shots of his bios settings.

This is a message that I frequently post to get the needed information so that you don't waste your time and ours. We are not mind readers and right now we have no idea what hardware setup he has.

We can best help you after you create a detailed hardware list in the System Specs portion of your
        forum profile http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile.php?do=editprofile at the bottom of the
        profile page or in your forum signature http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile....=editsignature.
        Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.
        Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
        P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
        4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
        MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
        Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
        WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
        SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
        Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
        Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
        Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
        MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
        Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
        HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
        CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
        E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
        Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
        Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
        HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H + i5-3570k system that is completely unstable

Originally posted by profJim View Post
          If you want help for your friend's Gigabyte system, add a detailed hardware list in your forum signature and include brand names and model numbers for all of his hardware. To avoid confusion, the first line in your signature should say something like Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H + cpu model name system that is completely unstable: and include the detailed hardware list in your signature. You can speed things up by including screen-shots of his bios settings.

This is a message that I frequently post to get the needed information so that you don't waste your time and ours. We are not mind readers and right now we have no idea what hardware setup he has.

We can best help you after you create a detailed hardware list in the System Specs portion of your
          forum profile http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile.php?do=editprofile at the bottom of the
          profile page or in your forum signature http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile....=editsignature.
          Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.
          Sorry about that
          The specs are as follow
          Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H (bios is latest f18 rev 1.0)
          i5-3570k
          Cm Evo 212
          gigabyte 660ti
          cm storm scout 2
          Gskill 2x4gb ddr3 1600
          thermaltake 750w 80 plus modular power supply

ya thats all of it thanks :)

Comment

Please copy your friend's specs to your profile. It's a real PITA to have to go scrolling back through a thread to check on the details, as some of these threads can sometimes have a lot of posts and go on for several pages. It will waste a lot of time if you don't include specific model numbers for all components; which model 750 watt modular psu? Some models can be decent and some can be borderline junk, even from the same manufacturer; which specific ram model number, right now we can't double check the memory's specs; maybe his 660ti is known to cause problems, but a different Gigabyte 660ti might be great. Maybe your friend has a keyboard, mouse or other hardware that is known to cause problems.

Would you call up a doctor and say "Hey doc, my leg hurts and I got a bad headache....what's wrong with me?"
            Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
            P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
            4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
            MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
            Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
            WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
            Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
            SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
            Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
            Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
            Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
            MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
            Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
            HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
            CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
            E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
            Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
            Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
            HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

to the op,have you flashed to the latest motherboard bios from within the bios itself using qflash and a memory stick?

enable x.m.p for your memory if it supports it,
              then manually set the bclk to 100
              set cpu voltage response to fast

and see if the freezing continues
              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry using my phone atm and can't find a way to edit my profile will edit it when I get home . Anyways here's mg build

G.SKILL DDR3 8GB (2X4GB) PC-12800/1600 F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Ram

Thermaltake TR2 Bronze 700W
                Last edited by ndon95; 01-22-2013, 06:47 PM. Reason: Entered Wrong Ram Sorry

Comment

Just readin this thread and I saw the ram type show

That ram Is what I originally bought 2 years ago.
                  It has no xmp.
                  It doesnt have much"tolerance". Ive had errors running it at 1.50 v at its stock timings.
                  its ok tho for the cost.

Run it with 1.55volts. and there should be np.
                  Also my mbrd doesnt detect its timings spot on for 1333mhz as the jedec profile on the memory isnt exact.
                  It does load the 9-9-9=24 timings but not the rest.
                  Check this thread

Need help setting up a F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL RipjawsX DualChannel Ram (Thanks) - G.SKILL TECH FORUM

Im not Shiki btw
                  Last edited by kick; 01-22-2013, 06:47 PM.
                  Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
                  Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
                  Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
                  8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
                  60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
                  GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
                  Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
                  http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                    to the op,have you flashed to the latest motherboard bios from within the bios itself using qflash and a memory stick?

enable x.m.p for your memory if it supports it,
                    then manually set the bclk to 100
                    set cpu voltage response to fast

and see if the freezing continues
                    tried that steel freezes :(

Just readin this thread and I saw the ram type show

That ram Is what I originally bought 2 years ago.
                    It has no xmp.
                    It doesnt have much"tolerance". Ive had errors running it at 1.50 v at its stock timings.
                    its ok tho for the cost.

Run it with 1.55volts. and there should be np.
                    Also my mbrd doesnt detect its timings spot on for 1333mhz as the jedec profile on the memory isnt exact.
                    It does load the 9-9-9=24 timings but not the rest.
                    Check this thread

Need help setting up a F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL RipjawsX DualChannel Ram (Thanks) - G.SKILL TECH FORUM
                    Thanks for the info and im so sorry but thats not my ram its this
                    G.SKILL DDR3 8GB (2X4GB) PC-12800/1600 F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Ram

and i tried setting my ram to 1.55 volts till freezes :(, i even put my own ram in my friends and it still freezes . Thanks anyhow

Comment

With a FAT32 formatted USB stick inserted in one of the USB 2.0 ports on the rear I/O, while in the BIOS on the memory settings pages(3, see below) press F12 while viewing each page. This will create a snapshot of the page on your USB stick.

MIT/Advance Memory Settings
                      Channel A Timing Settings
                      Channel B Timing Settings

Please post these pics here so that we may view them.
                      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

what are your settings? Other peoples direct setting may not be of any use to you... you're running a lot of memory.

What OS are you running? that's not in your sig.

Vin
                        Main Rig
                        OS = Win10-64Bit
                        CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
                        Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
                        MB = Asus ROG C6H
                        GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
                        HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
                        PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
                        Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
                        OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
                        CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
                        Mem = 24GB RAM
                        MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
                        GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
                        HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
                        Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
                        PSU = Corsair TX750
                        Case = Define R5

Comment

Working...
                        X