P35-DS4 Bios with new OROMs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P35-DS4 Bios with new OROMs ?

Yea its the same for all the ones I tried on this forum. The one in the Gigabyte Modded Bios forum allowed me to make a RAID array but it didn't recognize drives bigger than 2TB. I have a 2x2TB, 1x1.5TB, 1x1TB, and 2x3TB and one SSD. I didn't actually make the RAID but I did see if I could but it only allowed for RAID1 and RAID0 which I didn't want.

Originally posted by baikinman View Post
    I will be able to do some testing myself next week so will let you know how it goes. Interesting issue as it mostly seems like things are working except for the create part and it is the same issue you have seen on all the BIOSes you have tried. How big are your drives? Did you attempt to use the other raid on sata port 5 and 6?

Comment

So just a final update on this one as I messed around trying quite a few things. This is what I have found - mostly a summary of what I have found in other threads and sites and also things I have tired.

For P35-DS4
      * Last BIOS on Gigabyte website has Intel Raid OROM 7.5.0.1017
      * 3TB drive support is from 10.5.1.1070
      * Any TRIM support is only RAID 0 (no support for RAID 1 or 5 etc) Note modified OROMs for support earlier that Intel released are available.
      * There seems to be a restriction on the size of the OROM that can be used to around 64KB. The latest one that I was able to use was 8.5.0.1030

Originally posted by bxsteez View Post
      Yea its the same for all the ones I tried on this forum. The one in the Gigabyte Modded Bios forum allowed me to make a RAID array but it didn't recognize drives bigger than 2TB. I have a 2x2TB, 1x1.5TB, 1x1TB, and 2x3TB and one SSD. I didn't actually make the RAID but I did see if I could but it only allowed for RAID1 and RAID0 which I didn't want.

Comment

old thread but perhaps interesting for some of you.

Look @ http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post502915

Works for me!

Comment

Working...
        X