Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35-DS4 Bios with new OROMs ?

Dear Gigabyte fans,

is there somebody who can update latest F14 BIOS from Gigabyte for mainboard GA-P35-DS4 (rev 2.0) ? I tried myself with several versions of CBROM, but everytime the board falls back to the second Bios chip version.

Thanks for any info or a guide, which works.

WalkI

Re: P35-DS4 Bios with new OROMs ?

I am not at all familiar with that board. but for your version it would be printed on one of the corners of the motherboard. There are 4 versions of that board (v1.0, v1.1, v2.0 and v2.1) you selecting the wrong version would fail the update.

Vin
    Main Rig
    OS = Win10-64Bit
    CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
    Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
    MB = Asus ROG C6H
    GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
    HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
    Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
    OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
    CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
    Mem = 24GB RAM
    MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
    GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
    HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
    Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
    PSU = Corsair TX750
    Case = Define R5

Comment

Dear Vin,

thanks for reply. I have no issue with revision of my board, I know I have rev 2.1 and official BIOS works. I need updated Intel RAID ROM inside the BIOS as current version 8.X does not support my new 3TB drives, which I did not forsee.

Is there somebody on this forum who successfully modded similar board with new OROM? I tried several procedures to mod the BIOS with CBROM, but all failed.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

WalkI

Comment

I modded F14 and F15b bios with the latest oroms for you, i hope this helps and solves your issues.

Updated with...

RST 11.6.0.1702
        Jmicron 1.07.28
        Realtek 2.51

P35DS4MOD_12_04_12.F14.F15b.rar

Comment

Originally posted by skypy View Post
          I modded F14 and F15b bios with the latest oroms for you, i hope this helps and solves your issues.

Updated with...

RST 11.6.0.1702
          Jmicron 1.07.28
          Realtek 2.51

P35DS4MOD_12_04_12.F14.F15b.rar
          Dear skypy,

thanks for the 2 MODs. Unfortunately the modded BIOSes do not work fully. F15b works and boots, but computers makes 1 long beep during reboot/startup as the bootblock checksum is probably wrong (at least QFlash shows it like that). Version F14 will just stop right before Intel OROM should load and will freeze there without any beeps or messages. F14 Bios also makes 2 long beeps during reboot/reset/startup, but can never boot, just freezes. F14 I had to hard-reset and reflash to a different version. Normal Gigabyte F14 or F15b versions boot fine without any beeps. F15b bios cannot save some settings. So I had to revert back to original F15b.

How did you make the MOD? I tried CBROM 1.98, removing(release) all the modules backwards in the structure up until the Intel RAID ROM and then put all of them back, but that Bios is also not working fully, just beeps and mainboard will reflash it from dual bios backup from time to time - so it is not a workable solution. I tried flasihing with QFlash and also flashspi.exe /C /D /E

Any recommendation with this?

Regards,

WalkI

Comment

The long beep is normal with modded bios on P35 (every P35 i updated with a modded bios beeped when you start/reboot) but never had any issues after. In the link bellow you will find F14 bios modded with RST (just RST this time): v8.5.0.1030, V9.6.0.1014, v10.1.0.1008, v10.5.1.1070, v10.6.0.1091, v10.8.0.1303 and v11.0.0.1339. Try from the latest one (v11.0.0.1339) to the oldest (v8.5.0.1030) and check which one works.

P35DS4MOD_12_05_12.F14.rar

Comment

Dear community,

I have the same problems as the TS. I want to use a 3TB disk on an old EP35-DS4 rev 2.1 board. This is slightly different than the one TS has and therefore all the bios versions in this topic will not work on my board. The latest official bios for my board is F6 and the latest beta is F7d . Can anyone please update this version with the latest RST and if possible also the Jmicron and Realtek? I would be very grateful.

Many many thanks!

Comment

No one? :(

Comment

@DamianSewo
                  Post your request for a modified bios in the http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...fied-bios.html thread. Be sure to include the information from post #7 and include the link to the F7d beta bios.
                  Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                  P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                  4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                  MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                  Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                  WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                  Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                  SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                  Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                  Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                  Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                  MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                  Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                  win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                  HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                  CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                  E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                  Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                  Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                  HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                  win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

I gave all of these a shot and they all removed the ability to even create a raid volume.

Originally posted by skypy View Post
                    The long beep is normal with modded bios on P35 (every P35 i updated with a modded bios beeped when you start/reboot) but never had any issues after. In the link bellow you will find F14 bios modded with RST (just RST this time): v8.5.0.1030, V9.6.0.1014, v10.1.0.1008, v10.5.1.1070, v10.6.0.1091, v10.8.0.1303 and v11.0.0.1339. Try from the latest one (v11.0.0.1339) to the oldest (v8.5.0.1030) and check which one works.

P35DS4MOD_12_05_12.F14.rar

Comment

Here is an attempt of modification of GA-P35-DS4 F14 with

ICH9RAID.BIN Intel(R) RAID for SATA v11.2.0.1527 (from 8086-2822_v11201527_mod-for-TRIM-in-RAID0.bin)
                      JMB59.BIN v1.08.01
                      rtegrom.lom v2.60 Actual PCI ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related)
                      SLIC 2.1

I am unable to test until I have a second machine so if you are keen prehaps you wouldn't mind trying and letting everyone know if it works.

Note: I have also requested to https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thre...est-GA-P35-DS4 and but no response yet. I think I have it mostly worked out but there was some discussions about things being a bit harder for Gigabyte. Probably why some of the ones you tried already didn't work.

P35DS4_SLIC

Comment

I just gave this a shot and its the same issue. I can't even create a raid volume. Not with the CTRL+I at boot (which doesn't show up at all anymore) or with Intel Rapid Storage Technology. It sees all the drives but the create button is gone.

Originally posted by baikinman View Post
                        Here is an attempt of modification of GA-P35-DS4 F14 with

ICH9RAID.BIN Intel(R) RAID for SATA v11.2.0.1527 (from 8086-2822_v11201527_mod-for-TRIM-in-RAID0.bin)
                        JMB59.BIN v1.08.01
                        rtegrom.lom v2.60 Actual PCI ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related)
                        SLIC 2.1

I am unable to test until I have a second machine so if you are keen prehaps you wouldn't mind trying and letting everyone know if it works.

Note: I have also requested to https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thre...est-GA-P35-DS4 and but no response yet. I think I have it mostly worked out but there was some discussions about things being a bit harder for Gigabyte. Probably why some of the ones you tried already didn't work.

P35DS4_SLIC

Comment

That is unfortunate. Just checking, but did you check the BIOS settings and make sure it is in RAID mode? Quite often after a flash it reverts back to defaults.

Originally posted by bxsteez View Post
                          I just gave this a shot and its the same issue. I can't even create a raid volume. Not with the CTRL+I at boot (which doesn't show up at all anymore) or with Intel Rapid Storage Technology. It sees all the drives but the create button is gone.

Comment

Yup. The flash process from the tutorial said you have to load optimized defaults after flashing and then go back in to the bios and re-enable your settings so I do that every time I flash a Bios. You can see during the post that RAID is selected so I'm 100% sure it was selected.

Originally posted by baikinman View Post
                            That is unfortunate. Just checking, but did you check the BIOS settings and make sure it is in RAID mode? Quite often after a flash it reverts back to defaults.

Comment

I will be able to do some testing myself next week so will let you know how it goes. Interesting issue as it mostly seems like things are working except for the create part and it is the same issue you have seen on all the BIOSes you have tried. How big are your drives? Did you attempt to use the other raid on sata port 5 and 6?

Originally posted by bxsteez View Post
                              Yup. The flash process from the tutorial said you have to load optimized defaults after flashing and then go back in to the bios and re-enable your settings so I do that every time I flash a Bios. You can see during the post that RAID is selected so I'm 100% sure it was selected.

Comment

Working...
                              X