ga-z68xp-ud3 bios upgraded, tweaks in bios needed, so asking for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ga-z68xp-ud3 bios upgraded, tweaks in bios needed, so asking for help

How do I disable C-states I know what they are but do not know exactly what are c-states in a bios, I really need to disbaled them, confused @@. I need to do it because it is the last thing, besides completely added and installing IRST dirvers that I need to do :). Anyone can help me, I was never the one to really over clock or tweak in bioses, sort of new to me to go this far with it, so it is not like I am a novice or something. I just never messed with C-states, and need them to be disabled to get propper benchmarks, and SSD speeds. Just want to test something, seeing as how this is my first time messing with a UEFI bios I would get helped here, at least I figured, anyone willing to help me :(?

Re: ga-z68xp-ud3 bios upgraded, tweaks in bios needed, so asking for help

You mean you can't find them in the new EFI BIOS? I have that board in one of my rigs but I'm still running the old AMI so if they changed something I can't help. Normally they are on the same BIOS page as the advanced frequency settings on Gigabyte boards.
    Disabling C states does not always mean better SSD speed, it's more of a board by board thing. For example on my Z77 boards it makes absolutely no difference. For some boards it's one particular C state (can't remember which). Never tested with my Z68, though.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

I found them, thing is, they do not have something next to it to indicate you can press enter on it, it is completely bank and is just in letters. I noticed I could go on it and hit enter, also it was late when I was getting frustrated with it, so yeah..

I disabled c1,c3/c6, I see something called thermal monitor on there left that auto and something below it called EIST and left it auto, should I have touched those two at all and disabled them also? I am trying to perform SSD bench mrking so....

Comment

You should not need to disable cstates unless you having stablity problems. I did not get a chance to play with p67/z68 but on P45, x58a, and z77 I never disable cstates. You can hower ever disable c1 and set power options in win7 to balance and it will have the same effect.

If you disable EIST the cpu will not auto downclock and will run at full speed at idle.
        Main Rig
        Gigabyte z87x-OC
        Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
        G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
        Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
        Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
        HiS ATI HD 6950
        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
        Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
        Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
        Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
        CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
        Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
        EK Supremacy Cpu Block
        Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
        Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

I was told c-states was the reason my benchmarking was not what I wanted it at, so I diabled c-states, and I was thinking EIST was something to shut down, if you overclock you can shut it down.. thing is I am not ready for over clocking with the cpu heatsink I have, can only ligt OC, and I set the xmp profile for memory to 1, and allowed the cpu to be boosted. If I diabled EIST most likely on idle, the cpu will run at 3.6-3.7 ghz. I may go ahead and enable it again, I am not over clocking, and if I got idle on a bench mark and it hampers it in anyway, then maybe then i'll diabled it. Thanks for the advice, one mroe thing my energy options are at High performance, I want to see the optimal results for benchmarking, and most likely i'll put everything back on after I am done. this pc is pretty new, and I hardly have been using it since I built it, sorry for sounding like a n00b when not being able to locate the bios features, been a while since I tinkered in it like this.

Thank you all.
          Last edited by et_tech; 07-22-2012, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X