Unable to access BIOS from G1.Sniper 3 when using a GTX 690

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to access BIOS from G1.Sniper 3 when using a GTX 690

I am curious if anyone else has the same configuration (The same board and graphics card) and the same issue.

My hardware is (basically - If anyone wants me to I can provide a full detailed list of my hardware):
    G1.Sniper 3
    Intel 3770k
    Gainward GTX 690
    Corsair Vengance 2x4GB RAM
    Corsair AX750W PSU

The issue us basically when the GFX card is being used the bios loading screen is skipped (nothing will be displayed until windows starts to boot up), if you try launch the bios setup when the computer is turned on it will freeze while trying to load.

If I take out the GFX card and use the onboard graphics I can access the BIOS but when its put back in dedicated card the BIOS becomes inaccessible again. As far as I am aware it could be a 'widespread' issue with the GTX 690:

I'm having problems with my 2 GTX 690 + G1 sniper 3 + 3770k.
    For Some reason i can't see bios screen unless i choose Internal GFX as primary card. And i'm getting A6 code very often. This board needs some serious balancing.
    [Official] Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3/M3 Owners Thread/Club

(This explains it a lot better than I do)
    GTX 690 Blocking BIOS

Does anyone know of any solutions that could fix this issue or is it something that I will need to wait out for a BIOS update to fix?

Re: Unable to access BIOS from G1.Sniper 3 when using a GTX 690

are you using very latest motherboard bios?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Its my understanding if you use two cards in SLI/Crossfire you have to use the ATX4P (PCIe Power Connector). Are you using Lucid MVP & the dedicated card? Two cards one card wot?
      One thing to check with your dedi card installed and monitor hooked to it go to Peripherals and down to Init Display First and choose PCIe Slot 1 (if thats where you have it). If also using onboard graphics (Lucid MVP) select enable.

Sounds like you have onboard enabled and hooked up to your dedi card but have the Init Display First set to IGFX and not to PCIe Slot 1. Therefore it will bypass the boot screen as it doesn't see your dedi card and defaults to the intregrated card.

Something about D (dedicated) & I (Intregrated) You want to use Dedicated...meaning hook your monitor to your dedicated card. Otherwise if you plan on not using both for Lucid MVP just disable the intregrated setting. On another note if your screen goes blank/black add vcore od dvid voltage to which ever your using...

BTW there is a ** Official** G1.Sniper3 forum here also if you care to post there
      Last edited by Conners; 07-07-2012, 10:42 PM.

Comment

I am going to say +1^^ to conners suggestion.

The only other glitch I have notice is if you go to uninstall your dedicated gpu drivers the screen will go black and remain black untill you connect monitor to igpu and reboot and reconnect to dedicated gpu. At least this is what happens with ATI not sure about nvidia.
        Main Rig
        Gigabyte z87x-OC
        Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
        G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
        Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
        Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
        HiS ATI HD 6950
        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
        Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
        Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
        Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
        CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
        Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
        EK Supremacy Cpu Block
        Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
        Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Originally posted by Conners View Post
          Sounds like you have onboard enabled and hooked up to your dedi card but have the Init Display First set to IGFX and not to PCIe Slot 1. Therefore it will bypass the boot screen as it doesn't see your dedi card and defaults to the intregrated card.
          Thanks, this solved the problem.

I was using the latest BIOS version (F5), also I was not touching the onboard graphics card - I was only using it it because it was the only way for me to access the BIOS.

Thanks again,

Comment

Hi i didnt want to open new threat coz i have a simular problem, thing is i made this new build and when hdd's were empty it gave me bios option to set boot, but after instalation of windows and drivers i dont see the bios screen, my bios was F4 ive updated to latest F7 and nothing fixed, meaning i press power button screen black and bam windows starts, tryed pressing del ,only black screen with _ and windows starts after that, tryed with disabling the internal graphics doesnt work. Sny suggestions?

btw i dont get this in full: Sounds like you have onboard enabled and hooked up to your dedi card but have the Init Display First set to IGFX and not to PCIe Slot 1. Therefore it will bypass the boot screen as it doesn't see your dedi card and defaults to the intregrated card.

Comment

English pls :)
              Last edited by wazza300; 12-07-2012, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Hi

I had the same problem, I solved it, I disabled the on board graphic video card and I put as the first display the PCIe 1, I hope this help, here is my configuration, same motherboard, different video card, I have GTX 680 4Gb.

-Corei5 3570k OC 4.2Ghz
                -Cooler Master V6GT
                -Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3
                -Ram Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB 1600Mhz
                -HD SSD Samsung 840 250gb
                -HD Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache
                -LG Bluray Burner BR/DVD/CD
                -PSU Cooler Master 850w 66A Silent Pro Modular
                -Video Card Gigabyte GTX 680 OC 4GB
                -Case Cooler Master 690 II Advance

Comment

Working...