G1 Guerrilla mod bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G1 Guerrilla mod bios

Thanks, for some reason I though it was firmware, I know the Marvell O rom, but I must have confused firmware because I see a lot of people asking
    for a firmware update through a bios mod, was pretty sure the firm wasn't in the bios.

Comment

Hi acbmxer! Thanks for all your work on this forum. I have been reading post after post trying to gather as much info about my new Gigabyte Guerrilla as I switched from an Evga with a few issues and wanted to reuse my CPU and memory.
      In all of your posts regarding ich10r, Marvell 9182 and reading lsdmesap's posts as well,(your guys grasp of inner workings and tech knowledge is crazy great) is there a real benefit to updating to irst bios like 11.5.0.1347 and updating the Marvell bios? I do like to squeeze the most out of my systems, but have you seen a decent amount of increase with the newer bios and intel drivers?

I upgraded my motherboard as the raid drives I had (and they were raid based western digital drives with tlr built in) were dropping out of mirror raid and occasionally the system would not find the primary hard drive (vertex 2 which had a controller known to have an issue with a fast booting system that took a while to initialize so the mobo couldn't see it). I upgraded to a Samsung 830 to correct the booting issue and want to squeak out as much speed as possible, but also want a stable constantly reliable booting system. Like all hot rods I have owned....high performance=high maintenance........hoping to do away with the high maintenance part.lol

thanks for any input on this.

Chris

Comment

I have not see many people notice any speed increase, maybe a little but nothing to write home about. You can always flash a modded bios and try if you dont like or have problem with it you can just flash back to a none modded bios.
        Main Rig
        Gigabyte z87x-OC
        Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
        G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
        Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
        Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
        HiS ATI HD 6950
        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
        Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
        Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
        Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
        CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
        Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
        EK Supremacy Cpu Block
        Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
        Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

is there posibility to update this mod to actual drivers?

i Ve notice on the gigabyte mod tread the newer version:

X58-G1.Guerrilla Bios F4d mod (mb_bios_g1.guerrilla_MOD_7_11_12_f4d)
          Update with...
          Intel RAID for SATA 11.5.0.1414
          Jmicron RAID SATA 1.07.28
          Marvell 9182 Rom 1.0.0.0025

but when i Install it I seem to see no change on sata drivers. on boot i can read 1.07.06

thanx

edit:i precise that I have a isue on boot sometimes, the ide check on marvell is really long (seems blocked) and dont detect any device then the PC boot on sata intel that fail (no os on this drive) reboot and boot normaly before
          Last edited by chapio; 03-19-2014, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X